Chapter 6 Discovery and Separation

She was back in her village running, terrified and alone. David was no were to be seen. The entire village was shouting at her in anger and disgust as she ran. Alvin and her father calling her vicious insulting names. Then she saw David standing alone. He was searching through rubble, his face showing some terrible grief as he pushed aside large stones. Then shuddering she cried out and awoke. David held her tighter.

"That awful dream again sweetheart?" She nodded and forced back her tears. "Do you want talk about it?" She shook her head to indicate no.

"Just hold me Davey. I need you to hold me." David put his hand on her side just below her ribs and slid it down following the line of her narrow waist and the flair of her hips.

"You're so beautiful, you're filling out so nicely my little Mouse."

"You're saying I'm getting fat?" she responded in mock anger only to spoil the effect with a giggle.

"You're obviously a woman. I'm not sure we can hide your loveliness for much longer."

"It's all the food Molly keeps feeding me you big goof." She took hold of his hand and placed it under her shirt on her tummy and sighed. David slipped his hand higher just touching the lower curve of her breast when she again took his hand and moved it back to her tummy, "Stop being so bad!" she giggled.

"Not my fault Mouse, you're just so tantalizingly soft. And you smell so very feminine."

"We need to get up and moving before both of us get carried away."

"I'm grateful you are working the kitchen now. It keeps you away from the rabble in the bowl. You've been having nightmares for over a fortnight. All the same dream?"

"Yes, and I need to sort it out. I believe it another premonition, No idea what it means." Then changing the subject, "You planning to bathe with me on Seventh Day?"

"Never miss a chance Mouse."

"Good...I decided to let you scrub my back."

"You're OK with my seeing it...touching it?"

"It's so hard to trust, I feel so ugly, but I know you love me Davey so I want you to see it." David held her tighter then kissing her neck and giving a second kiss behind her ear released her and sat up. "You give me the shivers when you kiss me like that."

"Good, it all part of my plan of slow seduction."

"Speed it up a bit would you!" Theodora laughed.

*************************************************

"I'm telling you morons that he has a woman"

"You're delusional, been in this hell hole to long."

"No, Teddie is a woman. I've suspected it for a long time now and Phil and I are dam sure."

"What can we do? David will crush anyone who gets close to her."

"We follow. Keep an eye on them. Once we separate her from David we take her."

"If we eliminate David we can keep her and pass her around. We might even make a little money," Phil added.

"We'll need at least eight people to take him down."

***************************************************

Theodora sang as she worked in the kitchen. She scrubbed the pots then the ovens. She was well liked by the women who worked the kitchen. They had confided in her that they all new she was not a boy so she relaxed with them and let her hair down combing it out leaving it unbraided. Frequently the women sang with her as she worked and Theodora devised several working chants to accompany the work.