Chapter 29 Home

It was well past morning and Theodora had no intentions of getting up. David was lying on his back with his left arm around her waist. She played with his hair with her right hand and lay against him with her head on his chest just listening to his heart beat and his breathing. David was still sleeping and she had no desire to wake him. She gently caressed his shoulder with her left hand simply enjoying his warmth. She felt him move as he began to awaken.

"Are we really married Lump?"

"So we're back to Lump," David laughed. "Yes we are truly married. You're stuck with me now."

"So you won't back out?"

"Too late Mouse, we declared at least to a hundred people last night." Theodora changed her position now lying on top of him. She had a devilish twinkle in her eyes and her lips turned up in a tiny smile. Then she put on a serious face and with her most innocent large blue eyes spoke.

"I have a secret to tell you David," she whispered as she continued to move her hands through his hair.

"Tell me your secret."

"I don't know how you'll take it, it's dark and naughty."

"There is nothing you can say that will make me love you less."

"OK, if you're sure...I'm hungry." David laughed.

"You're always hungry half pint."

"You don't understand, this is serious," she said softly as she slid a little lower and began softly kissing his neck. "I'm a vampire David and I'm hungry." David laughed as she gently bit his neck and began sucking.

"Are you going to leave me any blood?" he said still laughing, "You're tickling me." Theodora released him and inspecting the bruise she had left followed up with a second.

"There, that's bigger, much better."

"Come back up here my little vampire," David slid her closed and kissed her lips. "I love you my little tease."

"I was just marking you as mine. I really am hungry."

"Everyone plans to meet us here at the inn for lunch and then walk us home."

"I'll have to wear your shirt then, you made a wrinkled mess or my sari. You can keep the pants."

"That would be scandalous my little vixen," David laughed.

"I'm no stranger to scandal. This will only be my latest," she said primly.

"One of your friends brought over your carpet bag with clean clothes."

"Which one?"

"Elodia I think."

Theodora left the bed and David enjoyed watching her as she walked naked to the carpet bag, "You're watching me aren't you?"

"I love your outfit, did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?"

"So I'm married to a perv," she laughed.

"And I'm married to a vampire." She dressed quickly and began to brush out her hair. "I like you hair loose and wild like it was this morning. I love all the waves and how it feels when I run my fingers through it." Theodora's face flushed a little as she smiled at him.

"Do we have time for a bath before we meet every one for lunch?"

"Yes just don't take more than a few minutes."

"I need a little soak, I'm a little sore...what are you laughing at Lump!"

"You are priceless Mouse. I love you, go take a bath. You have two hours so enjoy yourself."