6

Best friends,

Ex friends 'till the end,

Better off as lovers,

But not the other way around.

Friday 1st April 2007

It was Friday April 1st. April Fools Day. Back at school.

How fun?

Not fun.

Starting at this new school had been so exciting for the first month because I didn't know what was going to happen. I didn't know if I would make friends or not, what classes I would have when, whether I would be liked or disliked. It was scary but thrilling all at once.

However, now that I had sunk into the schedule, school was just: arrive, talk, learn, learn, eat, learn, learn, eat, talk, learn, go home. That wasn't thrilling. That was boring.

I expected this day to run out the exact same way as always with the boring schedule and a side of "I wonder who Gerard Arthur Way the High School Heartthrob would hit on today".

I woke up late and exhausted as I had been up most of the night thinking about my conversation with Gerard. It was nothing special, however, but I just admired the way Gee's voice sounded and the way he spoke more on the left side of his mouth and his adorably tiny teeth.

I decided to skip a morning shower and have an evening one after school since 1) I was lazy as fuck and 2) I was already late.

I changed into a pair of heavily ripped jeans and a Radiohead shirt, both of which had been specially chosen from the designer outlet that was my laminate bedroom floor.

I took a glimpse of my complexion in the dusty mirror on my wall and saw yesterday's eyeliner smudged around my eyes. I took a wet wipe and ran it across my face, rubbing it over my eyes mainly, in an attempt to wake myself up and remove the excess eyeliner from around my eyes. I then reapplied the eyeliner. It looked decent enough.

I quickly sprayed my messy hair with dry shampoo, grabbed my backpack and keys then headed down the stairs and out of the front door, closing it behind me as well as the metal gate.

----------

I arrived at the school gates to be greeted by my the one and only Hayley Williams.

"Hey!" She smiled far too cheerfully.

"Hi," I replied, staring down at the floor.

"Well someone's feeling extra emo today."

"Can we just get to class?" I said, still refusing to make any eye contact with the brightly clothed girl stood before me.

"Yeah sure! I think we have music first, right?"

"Mhm..."

"You gotta go to your locker?"

"Yup."

"Cheer up, Frank!" Hayley said, smiling and wrapping and arm around my shoulders and gaining a smile from me as I removed my gaze from the floor to the school corridors.

We walked to my locker together in silence. I opened my locker only for all of my textbooks to fall onto the tiled ground. I sighed, irritated, and picked them all up, putting the ones that I didn't need back in my locker tidily and putting the ones that I needed for the school day in my backpack before zipping it up.

I had music first period and art second so I wouldn't need any textbooks for those.

----------

I leant on the locker beside Hayley's and waited for her to sort out her textbooks. She took far more time than I did do to all the accessories that she kept in her locker.

She had a shelf.

A SHELF!

Why would she need a shelf?!

She's not Bethany Mota for god sake!

I don't think I'll ever understand girls. Good job I'm gay! She collected her physics book and her R.S. book.

"Hey, Williams. Sup, Iero," I heard the voice from behind me and soft, even breaths on my neck. Gerard Arthur Way.

"What the fu--" Hayley stopped, frozen and staring wide eyed at Gerard.

My back was turned to him so I didn't know why she was staring. Maybe he had three heads. Maybe he had tentacles for arms. Maybe he was dressed as a schoolgirl from an anime. WHAT IF HE WAS?! Damn, he would look so good in that skirt! I turned around to face him.

"Hey, Frankie," a wide, foolish grin spreading across his flawless face.

"H-hi...?" I looked up at him, a confused expression on my face.

Confused as to why Brendon Urie was latching onto Gerard Way like he was his life line.

Confused as to why Gerard Way was holding Brendon Urie's hand.

Confused as to why Brendon was staring at Gerard in such a loving way. The way that Gerard used to look at his girlfriend and vice versa.

"Who's this, Gerard?" Hayley questioned with a raised eyebrow, smiling slightly.

"My boyfriend."

BOYFRIEND?!?!?!

BRENDON?!?!?!

Surely this couldn't be happening. Gerard Arthur Way was straight and that's why I never have and never will stand a chance with him.

He couldn't be dating Brendon Urie.

Brendon Urie of all people.

The desperate sleep-around that probably has STDs. Nope!

"Yup! And we're in love!" Brendon giggled, kissing Gerard's cheek. I felt faint an my heart was racing. No. This wasn't possible. Gerard was gay?! Gerard was gay for Brendon fucking Urie...

Lucky thing...