14

Settle back now,

Raise a toast to the young ones,

Growing old,

All the green lights, long nights,

Drinking 'till I made out with you.

TW // smoking and mentions of smoking

Wednesday 5th April 2007

We stood at the station platform after paying for and collecting our train tickets.

Gee clutched my hand and I set my gaze on him as he faced away from me and gave him a questioning look.

He noticed as he looked back at me blushing slightly, "I just wanna protect you, baby. I don't want you to fall through the gap between the platform and the train when the train finally arrives." He said simply.

Honestly, this damn boy made me feel so unbelievably special.

----------

We had only been on the train for 20 minutes and I felt my eyes slowly closing as I leant my head on Gee's shoulder. "Baby," he whispered, "there's no point in falling asleep now, we'll be there soon and we still have school don't forget."

I mentally groaned, opening my eyes and lifting my head off of his shoulder. I let out a loud sigh, placing my chin in my hand as I started out of the window at the passing scenery.

Windows had always made me feel like I was in a tank, like I was being held hostage. Like I was trapped and forbidden from ever seeing the world and all it's beauty. Little did I know, the majority of the world's beauty was sat right next to me.

His name?

Gerard Arthur Way.

----------

My daydream was interrupted when Gee tapped me knee, obviously seeking my attention.

"We have 5 minutes before we get off the train, that leaves us just enough time to get to school." He said as he made hand gestures along with it.

It somehow helped me concentrate more, even though I couldn't be bothered to go to school today. I just want to spend all day with Gee..

"C'mon, Frankie!"

We both jumped out of the train doors as soon as they opened, receiving weird looks from everyone around us. I giggled then picked up my pace as Gee was already a couple of feet ahead of me.

How is he that fast?

Longer legs.

I'm short as fuck.

"Hey, wait up, Gee! I'm still tired!" I shouted to him, I was still nowhere near him.

I heard him laugh which made my heart flutter. Please stop doing this to me, Gerard.

"You're just short!" He yelled back, bursting into laughter once again and receiving an agitated groan from me in response. He replied, I think. Either he was quiet or I was hearing things.

"But it's cute..."

----------

We made our way to the top of Parade End then turned a corner and walked through the gates of our boring school.

Gerard had already smoked about 8 cigarettes on our journey here, counting the ones he had when we got off the train, and was now on his ninth. He offered me one every so often but I declined. I kept telling him that I never smoke in the morning but, honestly, I'm just too much of a wuss to admit that I had the biggest coughing fit ever after trying one drag of my old friend Jamia's cigarette.