8

That stupid smirk,

Your Ramones t-shirt had me under a spell,

He reeled me in with his black hair dye,

And I think I just might love him.

Monday 3rd April 2007

It was the day that I had been so excitedly yet anxiously waiting for; the Gerard Arthur Way  had invited me to his house.

I couldn't focus on anything yesterday so it was lucky that I didn't have any exams because I probably would have failed them. This very day was all that I have been able to think about since he invited me. That and the fact that he wanted to walk me home, he willingly held my hand and he voluntarily wrapped an arm around my shoulder whenever we crossed a road (no matter how small it was).

When I had asked him why he did so he replied with "I just wanted to keep you safe, Frankie. That doesn't seem like a crime to me." 1. ThAt'S aDoRaBlE and 2. c'mon this guy is Gerard Way; I think him of all people would know what is a crime and what isn't.

When I arrived at school I was met with that same makeup-clad, happy face. This person was the complete opposite to Gerard Way and I guess that's what had put them in the "frenemies" part of the spectrum. This person was no other than Hayley Williams.

However, she looked different. Like she had had a complete makeover... by a hundred punk rockers at once. Her hair was now completely orange with a few subtle highlights of blonde and was intensely layered. Plus, she had side-bangs now which actually suited her a lot!

There was thick eyeliner outlining her eyes and eye shadow that was as black as the short-ish shirt she was wearing that I think might have just really been a sleeveless, tight, zipped up denim jack.

Her jeans looked skinnier than the ones she would usually wear if she wasn't wearing a skirt and were, surprisingly, black. Her jeans weren't some some of bright, crazy colour that made my eyes hurt to look at her because I sat in the dark all day at home!

She wore black, studded, leather boots. Not like the ones that Gerard wore that either laced or buckled all the way up your ankles. No, not goth boots. These boots stopped half-way up your ankle and looked far less tight.

"Heya!" She smiled.

"You look like you just got attacked by the fan base of Green Day!"

"Is that a good thing?" She asked, smiling awkwardly.

"Duh! You look amazing!"

"Thanks, Frank! You look... the same..." She moved her gaze over me then quickly clapped and pointed at me. "But you're smiling!"

"Ha ha very funny, Hayley," I said in the best unamused voice I could do.

"Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod! I forgot!" She gasped, "what happened when Gerard walked you home?!"

"Well..." I said linking arms with her and smiling as we entered the school.

"Well?" She said eagerly.

"He held my hand... willingly..." I couldn't have taken the wide grin off of my face if I tried.

"Awwwwhhhh!!!!" She squealed, covering her mouth with both hands.

"And he wrapped his arm around me whenever we crossed a road..."

"Oh my god!!"

"And he said that he wanted to protect me..." I finished, awkwardly scratching the back of my neck.