20

You and me,

We are wild and we are free,

You and me,

We were meant to be.

Friday 14th April 2007

It was lunch and Hayley and I were sat at our usual table in the corner of the hall. Brendon and Ryan sat at the table behind us.

Hayley was rambling on and on about Gee and I, or "Frerard" as she liked to call it. I could feel myself slowly start to blush when reality hit; Gerard Arthur Way had taken my virginity.

"Oh, and speaking of Gerard: here he comes. Play it cool, Loverboy." She sighed, "Frank, stop blushing!"

"I can't help it--"

"Here's Gerard! Play it cool!" Hayley whispered sharply.

I didn't have enough time to turn around and greet him before he sat himself down beside me, wrapped a leather-clad arm around me and said quietly in my ear, "how's my baby boy today? Not too sore i hope," and god I was sure to be blushing manically by now.

"What're you guys whispering about?" Hayley questioned with a single, perfectly plucked eyebrow raised.

"Never mind," I said awkwardly as I lifted Gee's arm away from around my shoulders.

"Anyways! How was your birthday, Gee? I was gonna ask last week but it slipped my mind, sorry."

"Nah, it's cool. My birthday was... good? I guess?" There he was doing that adorable little awkward thing again where he talks like everything's a question and scratches the back of his head. Not to mention how his nose scrunches up ever so slightly and his eyes squint just that little bit as his eyebrows raise and his top lip does the quirky little lopsided thing. God, I adored him.

I zoned out for the rest of the conversation as Gee explained the boring family events of his birthday celebrations to Hayley. Suddenly snapped back into reality, I realised Gee had been trying to get my attention for what seemed like a few minutes now.

"Frank! Hello?" He said as he waved a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, yeah, what is it?"

"I said I have a question to ask you."

"Oh, yeah, sure! Go ahead! Ask away!"

"O-okay... umm..."

Oh god. Had i made him nervous? Ugh! Frank! You fucked up again! How could you--

"Will you be my boyfriend?" He spat out so quick that all five words morphed into one.

"What?" Okay, now you just sound like an asshole. You heard him the first time! Just give him an answer!

"Will y--"

"Sorry, yes! Yes, of course I will! I'd love to!"

"Wait, really?!"

"Yes, really!"

I saw his eyes widen as his smile did and he hugged me tightly. It took me a few seconds to process what had just happened and, once I had, I hugged back just as tight and laughed when I heard Hayley's excited squeals.

I was completely oblivious to Brendon sitting beside Ryan with his head in his hands before he stood up and stormed out of the lunch hall, Ryan in tow.

I was far too happy in such a perfect moment to really focus on anything or anyone other than Gee.

The boy with the stupid smirk and Misfits shirt.

My boyfriend.