Chapter 1 •Dying Secrets

Jen - I can't believe it has been one year since I met you and I am so happy that I did. You've brought happiness and hope into my life and I don't care what other people say I still love you, babe.

Casper and Jennifer are celebrating their one year anniversary with all their friends and family in a huge party on a giant boat. She has a microphone in her hand and is making a brindis on their blossoming relationship. Casper is standing right beside her and after she says her words he hugs her and kisses her
on the cheek.

 Casper is standing right beside her and after she says her words he hugs her and kisses her on the cheek

Jens POV

This party is going great I say to Casper while everyone else is dancing. He seems very happy that we are together and I am too. I am going to get some fresh air he says, leaving me alone on the dance floor. I was standing in the middle of the dance floor drinking my wine when Leah ( my best friend) comes up to me. ''Hey girl, Having fun?'' she asks. Yes, of course, you? ''yeah great it's just that Angelo(Leah's husband) over there doesn't wanna dance with me ''she says. Well, shall we dance? I ask her. We start dancing and then a slow dance comes up and since our dates are nowhere to be seen, we keep dancing.

Leah has her head on my shoulder as we dance to an Ed Sheeran song. She is wearing a black flowy dress and she looks damn beautiful today. I really don't know what I would do without her. Leah slowly raises her head from my shoulder and softly whispers; ''Jen I love you''. 

Aww, baby I love you too I say to her. We keep dancing until the song ends. After the song ended Leah rushes out and goes looking for Angelo; I go looking for Casper.

Leah's POV

I left Jen on the dance floor and went rushing to find Angelo. Things between me and Angelo aren't going so well. He's been really focused on his business and I feel like he's ignoring me and pushing me away. He's been behaving very angry with me, Sofia and the whole family. I really don't know what's wrong with him.

Before we came to Jens party we had a big fight. I didn't want to tell Jen because I didn't want to ruin her night. I am worried that he's up to something crazy while I went dancing with Jen.

I go outside the boat And I can't believe what I am seeing. My husband is a drunk mess! He's lying on the floor with a bottle vodka in his hand. I get closer and from a far I see Casper getting in his car and leaving.

How can he do this to Jen? What the f*ck is wrong with men ugh! I am so pissed right now I am not even gonna worry for Angelo. All I want to do right now is leave. I go back into the party in hope to go to the bathroom and clean my teary face-up. When I entered the bathroom I see Jen.

Jen's POV

I was in the bathroom fixing myself up when Leah enters the bathroom.  Her makeup is all messed up,  her mascara if flowing down her eyes and she's tearing up. I quickly go up to her and try to comfort her. Lee whats wrong? I ask her as she tears up. " Nothing...nothing," she says. Come here I say as I place her head on my shoulders giving her a hug.

I just want to get out of here she whispers in my ear. I get some papers for her and start cleaning up her face. I dragged her out of there and ordered a cab for us to go to my house.

When we get home we lay on the sofa and I turn on the tv in hope of making her feel better. Wanna talk? I ask her. She sobs and starts talking: "Things between Angelo and me aren't going very well". we've been fighting and he's treating me and the family very badly. " He's pushing me away. He's pushing all of us way ". When I was at your party I went looking for him and found him drunk lying on the floor.

A total mess! Lee, don't worry about it everything is going to be okay. I am sure he's just going through a difficult time in his life; but nothing that cannot be fixed.

As I give her my advice I wonder where Casper might be and why he hasn't reached me yet. Leah, did you see Casper when you went outside? He said he was going to get some fresh air. Leah looks at me nervously and worried and says: " No ...No, I haven't seen him at all." LIE! I know when Leah lies, she not good at lying AT ALL.

Didn't U se him AT ALL? I asked pushing her to give me the right answer.

"Jen I did see him. He left on his car. I don't know where he went". He left our anniversary party?! I stand up leaving Leah on the sofa as I reached for my phone. "Honey, don't get mad maybe he left because he didn't feel good" Leah says to me trying to convince me.

You're right but I'm still going to call him to make sure everything is all right as I told her. I dialed his number and the phone started ringing.

''Hello?" a girls voice answers the phone.

"Who is this?", I ask.

''Who is this'' she talks back.

"I'm Casper's girlfriend who are you?" I say desperately.

"Um, I think you have the wrong number cause the only Casper I know is mine." (as she hangs up.)

In that moment I dropped my phone and I felt a big stab in the center of my heart. I couldn't breathe or think clearly. My body was losing its control and suddenly everything went black.