Chapter 18.

Leah saved Jennifer's life. When Leah saw Casper was about to shoot, she jumped in front of Jen taking a bullet for her.

In the hospital room...

Jennifer circled around the cold hospital reception. It was raining outside and everything felt dull, hopeless.

"Jennifer ... Lopez"
  Yes, that's me! Jen desperately said to the doctor, who came looking for her.

Please tell me she's okay.

"The bullet damaged her ribs. The impact was very severe. We were able to get the bullet out luckily, but she also suffered a concussion when she fell to the ground. It was such a hard hit that it left her in an induced coma. She's alive and breathing but we don't know when she's gonna wake up, or if she's going to wake up at all. "

Jennifer looked up at the doctor in disbelief and her face went pale, her whole world had just collapsed. Her best friend, her lover, and her favorite person were unconscious in a bed because of her. Jennifer had never felt more guilty.

A few moments later Jennifer's mom arrived and tried to calm her down. Leah's family was on the next flight. after a few sleepless nights, the doctor allowed Jennifer to go into the room and see Leah. Jennifer had been at the hospital since the incident and refused to leave her sight. She went into the room full of white-covered walls and saw Leah's unconscious body laying there. She sat down next to her and placed her arm in hers.  

All she could bring herself to say was " I'm sorry" as tears fell down from her eyes.  All she wanted was a sign that she would see her again. That she would have the chance at love again but this time she wouldn't waste a single second.

All of a sudden she felt Leah's hand move. 

meanwhile ......

Casper and the red hair were in hiding. During his relationship with Jennifer, he had an affair with the redhead who loved revenge. Casper was always obsessed with Jennifer but when she didn't forgive him he took it upon himself to get back at her. His partner ( the redhead) was a  celebrity as well but she wanted power and money. She was jealous because Jen was everything she wasn't. She came up with the idea of killing her and framing Leah for it. Casper was hesitant but eventually agreed. They would steal her money and get their revenge.  But that didn't go as planned.

Hospital room....

Jennifer felt Leah's hand move and she immediately notified the doctor they took her out of the room as they were running tests on her love.

Jennifers mom Looked at the way Jen was looking at Leah, like a piece of her had been cut in half.

" Mija, do you love her," Lupe said as Jen turned towards her.

" I do mom," Jennifer said with a sigh of relief.

Lupe embraced her and Jennifer felt like a weight was lifted off of her shoulders. Her mom wasn't aware of their relationship or her sexuality but she didn't care all she cared about was Leah. She was proud of loving her.

All of a sudden the doctor came rushing out of the room she called for Jen to come in.

Jennifer went into the room and she saw Leah's eyes opened, lost,

she was awake.

"Leah!" Jennifer said in relief.

"Hi Jen" Leah smiled at the sight of Jennifer

Jennifer cried happy tears and she stroked her hair.

"You're all I have Leah," she said as their lips locked together. The look in their eyes was enough to know that they would always be together.