[Book 2] Chapter 37

Watch the video to the side it's called "The Quiet Dead" I was watching it earlier and I thought you guys would love to it, it was actually made by the real Charlotte and a couple of our friends and I think they actually did a good job considering it was a thing they did out of boredom if I remember rightly so watch it and leave feedback if you like xx

[Payton's POV]

Daryl and I sighed as we climbed up the ladder again to sit on the roof once more. 

'I still think we should wait until your arm is better... Or at least till it stops bleeding.' I grumbled as he kept reaching and poking my butt every time I stopped. 'It's just stupid, you can be smelt from walkers in Australia if they're affected over there.'

'Haha, you're very funny.' He mumbled sarcastically. 'If we don't go now then what are we going to do if the others are in trouble?'

'I'm sure it was a just a misunderstanding.' I rolled my eyes.

'Oh really?' Daryl suddenly snapped. 'Why are you so sure? Oh because you and Paul are buddies, because you're both holy or something!'

'You know for a fact that we're not.' I muttered, trying not to raise my voice and be calm. 'No Paul or Elizabetha was in the bible as far as I know, or at least they weren't the siblings of Jesus and they weren't partners themselves. So don't get sarcy and bring that "Holy crap" that he keeps talking about because he is wrong.'

Daryl snarled. 'Just hurry up.'

I growled but picked up the pace none the less, pulling ahead of him till I climbed over the window, I reached in and wrapped my arms around him to pull him up when he reached it just behind me, when his feet were pulled over I lost my footing and slipped onto my butt, Daryl on top of me, his elbow dug deep into my stomach as we landed.

I coughed and gagged at the pain of his sharp elbow digging deep into me and quickly pushed him off, my hand scraping against his wound, pushing the bandage down.

Daryl and I stared down at it and a little gasp escaped my mouth.

'What?' Daryl grumbled. 'It's fine, it'll heal, it was just a rusty gate or whatever, I'm fine it doesn't even hurt that much.'

'Daryl...' I whispered, pulling my backpack off my back and pulling out a bottle of water. 'Since we've stopped, let me wrap it up properly and clean it.'

'Don't baby me, Payton.'

'Then act like an adult.' I grumbled back instantly, pulling him down to his knees.

I sat beside him and poured some of the water onto my hand, rubbing it over the wound gently, the dried blood washed off onto my hands and dripped onto the concrete below us.

'You alright?' I whispered.

'Payton I swear! I'm going to jump off this building.'

'Stop being so grumpy!' I sighed. 'Honestly, people would think we just got out of a fight, not out of our wedding.'

Daryl mumbled something inaudible under his breath as I continued to clean the wound, I gently worked my fingers closer to the sliced skin and worked away any dirt, blood or else before slowly dabbing it with the palm of my other (dry) hand.

'I think Ben might need to stitch it when we get back.' I whispered. 'It's... not life threatening or going to restrict you but its pretty big...'

'If he has the chance to stitch them and we're not running for our lives, I'll be sure to ask him.'

I gently shoved his shoulder playfully. 'You're such an old man, honestly, I can see you as the grandpa who sits in his chair all day, reading the newspaper and watching TV, complaining about how the worlds gone to shit or how the newspaper used to cost 60p.'