Chapter 38

[Payton's POV]

Daryls hands were tight around my neck as I tried to push him away with my bow, but suddenly I heard the creaking, I heard the groaning and suddenly my bow snapped and Daryl fell forward and suddenly something that should least have done it smashed together.

Our lips.

As he sent forward he automatically tilted his head back and I for some reason tilted my slightly forward resulting in our lips smashing against each other and both of us were obviously in too much shock to move so we just laid, there like a couple of lemons.

Daryls grip had obviously loosened by then and all that was left was the two of us staring at each other, my hands were now behind his back after my bow snapping and his hadn't moved far from my neck so the two of us would look like we were actually making out when a little voice suddenly perked up.

'Mummy. Are they still mad at each other?'

That little voice sent my brain smashing back into reality, and my body smashing at Darlys head.

'Get off me!!' I squeled but his lips would not move. 'Charlotte!!! Help me!!!'

I thrashed as best as I could but he wouldn't move, he just laid there his eyes still wide open in shock.

Suddenly, Charlotte came into view as well as Ben and a few other men from the group and grabbed Daryl, yanking and throwing him off my body.

I got up quickly and patted off all the wood and removed any splinters and stared at my lucky bow in sadness.

'This was my favourite bow.' I whispered. 'I don't know why but it was my lucky one too, how lucky exactly? Because I don't ACTUALLY REMEMBER!!!!'

I suddenly snapped and charged over to Daryl spread across the floor, his eyes still open in shock.

'I hate you!!' I screamed. 'I hate you so much and I don't even know you!! You're a selfish dick and I have no idea what I could've done to make you hate me so much to STRANGLE ME!!! I HATE YOU!!!! GO ROTE IN HELL YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!'

Mothers around us quickly covered their childrens ears and one had even been kind enough to cover Lukes.

'Charlotte!' I snapped and turned around. 'I can't do this! I thought I could but I can't, I don't remember anything and I feel so angry! I'm leaving... TODAY!'

I turned to the front door of the house and stormed in and up to the attic, I heard some voices calling after me, one I knew was Charlotte but I didn't turn back, I just stormed up, grabbed my rucksake and stuffed my clothes and the stuff on my bed into it, including my writing journals and a strange small metal wolf shape.

I then turned and sprinted down the stairs to the ready waiting group but they were doing something I didn't expect.

They were all blocking the door.

[Charlottes POV]

'We can't let you leave, Payton.' I whispered. 'You are too big a member of this group for us to let you go.'

'We care too much about you.' Eugene squeezed my hand reasuringly.

'You've made too much an impact.' Debra whispered.

'You've touched out hearts.' A few women whimpered.

'And other places.' One of the men in the back joked. 'Just kidding.'

'We know this'll be hard for you.' Eugene whispered. 'But we will help you every step of the way and do everything we can to trigger back those memories...'