Chapter 12

[Paytons POV]

After the day was over and the sun began to set did I move.

I placed the arrows I made in my back pocket and smiled, my days work was rather good.

1 Bow

13 Arrows.

Arrows take me at lease 50 minutes to make because I don't like them to be cheap and break easily, they need to be thick and have a sharp head and chipped back to place in the elastic. Its a very complicated process.

As I stood to my feet I looked around the woods once more, taking in everything it had to offer, the smell, the touch, the sounds, it was calming.

I turned slowly and quickly began to jog back to the house as fast as I could, as I reached the front door I slowed and opened it slowly, stepping in and closing it quietly behind me.

I peeled my hot boots of my feet and placed my sword, pocket knives and now arrows in my bag before heading to the kitchen where I heard conversations behind held.

'Well... Charlotte, you seem like a lovley girl, I can tell already that we could become great friends, but where is your friend? Payton.'

'I'm here.' I sighed as I stepped in slowly.

I looked around the kitchen to see it full of people, there was 5 men, I already knew 4 of them but I'm guessing the 5th one was the so-called Scott, me and Charlotte were to take over, there were 4 women, all in a huddle around the ever tiny Charlotte.

Charlotte turned as new people begged for her audience.

I stared around and then saw 6 children, all of different ages around the table, there was a girl who looked about 12, she was the eldest I could tell and a new born baby in a moses basket on the chair.

'Finally, Payton. You're back.' Charlotte breathed in relief and stepped out the crowd towards me, she wrapped her arms around me and hugged tightly.

'I made out with Eugene.' She whispered quickly before she pulled back.

I nodded and smiled sweetly at the group. 'Hello. I'm Payton. Sorry I was out all day, I lost my bow and arrow so I spent all day today making a new one.'

'Thats quite alright, dear.' A young woman of maybe my age stepped out and grabbed my hand, shaking it gently. 'My name is Teresa but please call me 'Tea', I hate Teresa with a passion, this is my husband Leo and our son, Luke.'

She pointed towards a young boy sat at the table of maybe 4 years old, I grinned at him and waved at Leo was was standing next to Eugene at the other end of the room.

'Lovley to meet you.' I grinned.

'My names Lara, I'm with Lewis and the new born child there is my daughter Isabella.'

I nodded, trying to take in each passing name as even more were threw at me.

After 5 minutes of small talk and meet and greets, I think I remembered everyones name and smiled. 'Its a lovley house you have here, I must say thank you for your hospitality, so kind of you.'

They all mumbled. ''Your welcomes.'' and what not then the room feel silent.

'Where Daryl?' Luke suddenly pulled on his mothers t-shirt.

His mum looked at me then back down at her son. 'In his room, probably regretting his actions yesterday. Hes on the naughty step so don't go see him.'

Luke nodded then turned to me. 'Are you Daryls girlfriend? I saw you on his back yesterday... Where you two hugging?'

I chuckled. 'No. I don't really like Daryl, hes a nice guy I'm sure but he really hurt me yesterday.'