Chapter 5

[Paytons POV]

I swung the axe in every direction trying to hit walkers.

I'd rather them injured or even knocked over instead of charging at me if I can't get them in the head.

I jumped back as a Walker jumped at me but missed, I swung out my axe and his head flew through the air, body falling to the ground onto of the several others.

7 down.

13 still trying to get me.

I swung still and felt blood fly to my clothes.

I hoped didn't land on my skin.

Walker blood is like acid and burns through our skin, but luckily not our clothes.

I swung the axe round my head and back with full power cutting through the head of another walker.

Hey! Maybe I can survive this after all!

I swung again and again trying to get as many walkers as I could until I felt sudden pressure on my ankle.

I stared down and saw a hand, a dirty hand.

Walker!

I screamed and kicked away from the walkers grasp, swinging my axe down this time into its back.

The grip loosened and I fell backwards onto my arse.

I screamed louder as the walkers stalked towards me, blood dripping to the floor. I crawled backwards away from the ones on the floor crawing towards me.

I spoke to soon I guess when I said I was going to get away with my life.

I am going to die, at least Charlotte got away.

I gulped and stared away as the walkers were on a metre away and begining to fall forward.

'DON'T GIVE UP PAYTON, YOU DIN!!!' A voice screamed.

I gasped and rolled across the floor and onto my feet, staring around.

In the corner of the forest, sorrounded by walkers herself, frantically battling them away, was Charlotte.

'I TOLD YOU TO GO!!!' I snarled and ran towards her, grabbing my knife from my boot as I went and helped her out, stabbing several in the brain and pulling away before blood dripped onto me.

'I can't leave my best friend to die, suicidal or not.' She smirked and pushed another dead body from her. 'Plus I needed to give you your birthday present.'

She quickly reached backwards and pulled a large bag from her pants.

I looked at the bag and gulped.

The bag itself was just a normal brown paper bag but it was long, maybe 1&1/2 times my arm.

Charlotte battled the new walkers aproaching as I reached into the bag and pulled out what I least expected but I most wanted.

It was a sword.

It was long and silver as expected but the handle was black and laddened with red and blue jewels. I held it in my fingers and couldn't help the smile on my face and the tears in my eyes.

It was perfect.

'I... I love it.' I whispered.

'Use it then.' She snickered and pushed yet another dead Walker away from her.

She didn't need to tell me twice, I turned around and began to swing the sword at anything in its path.

It was light and felt like heaven in my fingertips.