Chapter 11: Careless Mar

MARISSAS P.O.V.

I wake up at 5:40. Nate is in the shower.

"Hurry up Nate", I yelled so he could hear me. The shower turned off.

"Hey Mar, can you get me a towel?" he asks me. Mar? Really Nate, you're good at picking nicknames. I went to the closet and got him a navy blue towel. I knock on the door and hand it to him.

He didn't even shut the bathroom door, it was wide open and he slowly wrapped the towel around his waist while looking at me. After Nate walks to his room, I jump in the shower. When I get out of the shower, I put my hair into two French braids and put on a little bit of mascara and lip gloss.

I walk to my closet with my towel wrapped tightly around me. Nate is walking out of his room, but I am not paying attention. I pick out a pair of black leggings and a blue crop top that says "tres cool". I feel a little different today, but oh well. I feel kind of careless of what people think of me.

When I am finished getting ready, it is only 6:30. That means I have an hour to eat. I make pancakes and bacon for Nate and I. Our parents are already at work before me and Nate get up so I don't have to worry about making anything for them.

When I am done with cooking the bacon and flipping the pancakes, I yell at Nate.

"Breakfast is done", I say. He walks in the kitchen playing with his hair.

"Is my hair good?", Nate asks. I run my hands through the top of it to fix the pieces that were messed up. He looks at me and smiles at me.

"You look different", he questions me. I smile and spin around.

"What do you think?" I look at into his bright hazel eyes.

"I think you look beautiful", he sarcastically says with a smirking look on his face. I roll my eyes and playfully push him. He pretends it hurts and I laugh at him. I go and get a plate for him to eat and I fill the plate with four pancakes and two pieces of bacon.

"How fat do you think I am", he laughs. I walk off to get myself a plate, but I feel myself being trapped. Nate grabs my waist, which sends tingles through my whole body. He sets me on his lab. He starting feeding me one of his pancakes while we are both laughing to the point that we have tears in our eyes.

When we both finished eating, we went our separate ways. I grab my bag and start walking to the bus stop, but Nate signals me to get in his car.

"You think I am going to let you take the bus?" he chuckles. And we are off on our way to school. When we get to school, Alex and Justin are waiting for Nate.

"Have you put a ring on her yet?" he jokes and I see Nate's face turn a little red, but nobody says anything to him about it.

"We are just friend", Nate says. Is that all we are? Friends? I want to be more that friends with Nate. Well it doesn't matter anymore, we are just stupid friends. I know I said it doesn't matter, but it obviously does.

Tears start running down my face and I start running into the school. I run straight into the bathroom door and hide in the stall. I hear the door opens and it is Samantha. THANK GOD.

"Oh my god, tell me what happened", she says as I open the bathroom door. I tell her everything that happened this morning and what happened when we got to school.

"It's not as bad as you think it is, he cares about you Marissa", she smiles, "he was the one that told me where you were and told me to come check on you". I look at her amazement and a smile forming on my face. She hands me a makeup wipe and I fix my makeup.

I walk over to Nate's locker and he looks at my puffy cheeks, grabs my hand and takes me out of the school. He drives us to our secret place. We sit there for a whole school day, holding hands, not worrying about anything in the world, except us.