Chapter 21: Date;)

Nates P.O.V.

Marissa drove off with Mason. Why? I asked her to come and she left with another guy. After I saw her get into Mason's car, I decide to go home. I mean what is the point in staying if your date fucking leaves you?

When I got home, all of the lights were off. Great, she is probably sleeping with Mason. I went to my room and decided to hit the hay. I can solve everything in the morning when I wake up.

                                                                          Marissa's P.O.V.

I woke up to the smell of bacon and pancakes. I threw on some black leggings and a white t-shirt and put my hair on top of my head. I ran downstairs and ran to the kitchen. I grabbed a plate and some food and went to sit down.

The only seat was next to Nate. This is going to be awkward. I sit down and quietly start eating my breakfast.

"We are running a little late today", my mom says. Nate's parents start laughing. This is weird.

"I suppose so because the kids are up and we actually get to see them", Nates dad says, glancing at Nate who is looking down at his food.

"Well we better get going before we are even more late", Nates mom says.

"Bye Mrs. Smith", I smile at her and they all smile back at me, besides Nate.

When they shut the door, Nate gets up and slams his plate in the sink.

"What the hell was last night about? I ask you to go to homecoming with me and you leave with a different fucking guy. Wow Marissa, real slutty", Nate yelled at me.

Did Nate really just call me a slut?

"I'm sorry, but I am not the horny little fucktard who sleeps with a shit ton of girls and is a walking STD", I yell back at him, "somehow I am a slut even though I am a virgin".

"Marissa- ", Nate started to say, but I cut him off.

"Save it, I should have never trusted you", I yelled and stomped to my room.

You know what, I don't need Nate in my life to be happy. I am a strong, badass woman. Well not quite the badass part yet, but it doesn't seem that hard. If Nate can do it, then I know I can do it. I walk to the balcony in my room and look at the calmness outside.

I lay out there for a little bit when I hear the front door slam shut. Nate walks to his car and speeds out of the driveway like a mad man. I decide to go get something to eat since I have the house to myself. I call Samantha to see if she can hand out, but she is hanging out with all of the guys. She asks if I want to join, but I decline.

"Oh I can't, I have way too much homework", I lie and I know she can tell I am lying, but doesn't say anything about it. We hang up and I decide to get a shower and go to the library. After I get a shower, I put on some blue shorts, a clean white shirt with a necklace, and white converse.

I grab my rarely used car keys and drive to the little coffee shop down the street from the library. I walk in and walk to the empty line.

"Umm can I have an iced caramel latte with extra chocolate syrup", I tell the women that is at the cash register.

"Is that all?" the women ask me.

"Yes", I reply and hand her a five-dollar bill and walk to the other side of the shop where they make and give you your drink. When my drink comes, I grab it and start to turn around. Oomf... I run straight into Mason Beadles. Again.