Chapter 27: NYC

DONT START THE SONG YET!!

NATES P.O.V.

"Nate I've never flown before", Marissa whispers to me. She looks terrified.

"Marissa it is not that bad, I actually find it relaxing", I admit.

"All people boarding to New York City, make your way to the boarding station", the intercom lady said.

I grab Marissa's hand and walk to the boarding station. This is where they check your bags and your ticket.

"Why are they checking the bags?" Marissa asks. For a girl with straight a's, she sure has no common sense.

"To make sure you don't have anything nice harmful in your bags", I respond.

"Well that makes sense", Marissa snorts and I smile.

When the line in front of us is finished, I hand all of our bags to the man. He checks our bags and our tickets before he Okays us to aboard the plane.

"Nate, I'm nervous", Marissa whispers in my ear.

"Mar, you are with me. Nothing is going to happen to you", I smile at her.

We get into the line for the plane and I give the lady our tickets. We sit in our first class seats and I let Marissa sit by the window. The lady comes on the intercom about ten minutes after we sit down.

"Please put you seatbelts on while we take off", she says. Marissa and I both put on our seatbelts.

The plane starts moving and I look at Marissa who is starring at the window. Damn, this girl is perfect. Her flaws are the best things about her. Everything stops when she smiles. And the world stops rotating when she laughs.

I don't know exactly what that means, but she is the only person that makes me happy and makes me smile and feel like this.

When we are up in the sky, I feel a tug on my arm and look up to see Marissa.

"Look at the view Nate, it's beautiful", Marissa smiles.

"I told you it was relaxing", I retort back to her while taking my seatbelt off and Marissa copies me.

"So what do you want to do?" she asks me.

"Let's watch a movie", I say and she nods.

I click the power button on the little tv and look through the movies until I find one that catches my eye. Finding Nemo. I look at Marissa who is nodding in excitement. I laugh at her and press the play button.

Ten minutes into the movie, Marissa is yelling.

"Swim Nemo Swim", Marissa yells and everybody around us looks at her. She finally realizes how loud she was and covers her mouth with her hands and everybody laughs. After the movie is over, we have two hours left on the plane. Marissa and I decide to talk about random shit.

***

"The Little Mermaid is better than The Lion King", she argues.

"You are just saying that because there is a girl and boy that fall in love", I say.

"No, I am saying that because it is the truth", she replies.

We have been arguing about Disney movies for the past hour and a half.

There is a silence, but it is peaceful and not awkward. When the seatbelt light came on, I knew that we are about to land. As we both buckle our seatbelts, I hear a small gasp come from Marissa who is looking out the window. The view of NYC is beautiful.