Chapter 18: I'm Sorry

Nates P.O.V.

I know I shouldn't have, but it was the only thing I could do to get people off my back. I didn't mean to hurt her, well I kind of did. I want people to think of me as the mean, bad boy and not the sweet, popular boy, that has a girlfriend.

I honestly feel terrible about being shitty to Marissa, but I cannot let that get to me. I cannot let that change me. Not today. I act like my normal self, but I still do not feel like my normal self. I don't think Marissa will forgive me for a while, but that is for the best. She does not need to get attached to me.

I already am attached to her and I can't help but look at her crying when Justin took her out of the school. Even though I am not over Marissa, I have to make people think that I am.

I get ready to go home after school and I walk in to Marissa watching the Lion King and yelling at the tv. I laugh and walk to the kitchen. I grab some pizza from the fridge and put it in the microwave. I can't look at Marissa without feeling like shit so I go to my room when the pizza is done and stay in there the whole night.

The next morning, I go to Alex's to get ready for school. When I get to school, I see Marissa, but we ignore each other. After a few periods of thinking about Marissa, it is lunch. I grab a random girl with a nice ass and big boobs and turn her around to face me.

I start kissing her, sticking my tongue down her throat, but the whole time I am thinking of Marissa. Man, I need to stop thinking about her. I wrap the girl's legs around my waist and walk us to the janitors closet.

                                                                   Marissa's P.O.V.

I walk to lunch after a really long day and grab a cup of water. I start looking for Nate and I run straight into somebody. Mason Beadles, the tan captain of the football team is laying on the floor next to me. He is hot, but not as hot as Nate. The water along with Mason's milk, spaghetti, and corn falls all over us.

"This is a weird way to ask you on a date", Mason says grinning while both of our cheeks start flushing red.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry", I say, "I was not paying attention".

"It's fine, but will you", he questions me. I look at him confused.

"Go on a date with me?" Mason asks again smiling.

"OH, I don't know", I say unsure if I should go or not. I mean he is nice and sweet, but I have feeling for Nate.

"Oh come on, I am a total gentleman", he smiles, showing his million dollar, panty dropping smile.

"I suppose", I say with a smile. I write my name and number on a piece of paper and hand it to him.

"Friday night at 6?" he asks me and I nod and walk to the janitor's closet to get a wash cloth to clean myself up.

I walk in and instantly wish I didn't. Nate is making out with some random girl and they both turned around to look at me.

                                                                           Nates P.O.V.

Marissa walked into the janitors closet and instantly looked like she was going to cry. I see her grab a washcloth and I hear a click. The janitors closet is one of the few doors that lock from the outside.

I run up to the door and find the door locked. Marissa fucking locked me in a closet. With a fucking a stranger that I was making out with.

Okay, if you put it in that way then I look like the bad guy, but it wasn't my fault. I start banging on the door to try to get someone to let me out of here, I hear someone stomping over here and I see the light of day when Blake opens the door. Thank God!

                                                                                Marissa's P.O.V.

I could not hold in the tears that came onto my face from my puffy eyes. I ran to the bathroom and hid in the stall, crying my guts out. An eternity only seemed to be 3 hours and 20 minutes because that's when school ended. I got out of the stall and walked out of the school.

I walked home because I knew the bus left 20 minutes ago because school had ended. Walking was okay with me because I do not want to see Nate. The walk takes about 15 minutes since I don't live too far away from the school.

I get to my house only to find Nate's Mustang in the driveway. I walk into the door and try to tip-toe to my room, but I hear stomping coming straight for me. I start running up the stairs and I feel a hand grab me harshly and spin my around.

"Why the hell did you act like that today", Nate yelled at me. He looks more pissed then his normal pissed off face. You see, Nate has RBF, resting bitch face.

"Which part", I ask him laughing and try to pull away, but he holds on tighter. His eyes grew darker and I became more scared.

"You locked me in a fucking janitors' closet and I had to wait until somebody walked passed me to unlock it", he yelled at me. I felt tears threaten to go down my face.

"You hurt me Nate, I walked in on you sticking your tongue down another girl's throat", I said. I couldn't hold the tears that came streaming down my face anymore. I started to walk away when I heard a mumble come from Nate.

"I'm sorry", Nate said.

"It's too late for that now", I whisper and walk to my room, making sure I lock the door. When I was walking to the house, I was starving because I had not yet gotten my lunch when I had the accident. Now, I have lost my appetite. I don't care about eating because I would just throw it up like I have been for the past 9 years since my father died. I just want to stay away from Nate until his house gets fixed. I get my pajamas on and I try to fall asleep.

I set my alarm clock for 3:30 so that I can get ready for school without having to see Nate. When I finally fall asleep, it feels like minutes passed by and my alarm clock starts beeping. I go and take a shower, making sure I grab a towel before I go and stand in the steaming hot shower for a while.

I guess Nate had the same idea this morning because when I get out of the shower and the bathroom, he is sitting on the floor by the door. We both look up at each other and then look back down. I walk to my room and put on clean undergarments and place my outfit on my desk. I put on some shorts and a t-shirt for the time being and lay on my bed and play a few rounds of color switch.