Chapter 5

The Captain flushed and put her hands on Barrys semi-exposed chest, pushing him off slightly. She cleared her throat and let himself get off on his own, releasing her from her position against the wall. "Wh-what? A storm? No, that's-"
"Come look for yourself," Gabi replied, leaving the cabin and closing the door, leaving it open just a crack. Red and Barry walked out, now fully dressed, and looked at the sky the same way Gabi did before. The clouds were dark, and the air was damp, with an icy breeze traveling through them. Red's eyes squinted in thought, returning to their normal size as she came to a mental conclusion. "It's too dangerous for you two to go back home. Stay on the ship for the night. My treat." She said, a reassuring smile appearing on her face.
"Where are we to sleep? I assume you only have three cabins." Ross asked, arms crossing. Shannons mind wandered, and she was lucky everyone was too concerned on the storm to notice her flush. Or so she thought.
Red glanced down and noticed her flushed face, trying to think of what could be getting her so pink. Then the idea came to mind, and a smirk came to her face.
"Barry and I will share a cabin. Dan, you do the same with Gabi, and Ross with Shannon."
Barry, growing impatient, looked at his watch and luckily realized the time. "It is getting late, I suppose we should all get some rest." He said, snaking his hand around Red's waist. "I suppose so. Goodnight, lads. Don't get too rowdy." Red added, turning with Barry to hide her smirk.

~

Gabi blushed as Dan wrapped his arms around her waist, though he drew back after realizing his action. "Sorry, I'm just-"
"It's fine, Dan." She said, cutting him off. They were both rather tall, and it was already hard for Gabi to fit in the small bed. So it wasn't that big of a surprise to both of them that it would be a tight fit. Dan smiled to himself at her reassuring, and rewrapped his arms around her waist, placing a gentle kiss on her lips as they both drifted off.

~

Red smirked as he caught Barry staring from under her. Was it her dominance? Her smirk? No, she realized, it wasn't any of those, in fact. It was her legs his eyes had locked onto. She rose to her knees and began to take off her coat, leaning back so the sleeves rolled off her arms, though she straightened out when they reached her elbows. She looked back at the man again, face growing just as red as her coat. She smirked as she took it completely off, throwing it over her chair. She turned back to Barry and lowered herself so she was sitting on his lap, and began to undo the buttons on his shirt.
"You're staring, mate."

~

Shannon was about to drift off when she felt a nibbling on her exposed shoulder, and a pair of arms wrapping around her torso. "You're awfully grabby all of the sudden," she mumbled groggily. Ross purred against her skin. "Thinking." He replied.
"About what?"
"Your reward for winning poker. You deserve one." He said. He thought for a while longer, the sensation of his teeth on her shoulder getting duller and duller. When he did think of something, he squeezed her hips and began to search for the tie he took off earlier. When he found it, he straddled her and patted his lap, a dark grin on his face.
"I assume you've come up with a reward." Shannon said, sitting on his lap. Ross nodded and straightened out the tie, wrapping it around her mouth, muffling her purr. He let curiosity get the best of him as he scratched lightly up her waist.
He had to hold back a malicious laugh as she squeaked and flushed.

~

The crew looked up at the sky, all cursing in their heads as the sky didn't appear to get any better since last night. They all eventually glanced at the Captain for a decision, though she didn't seem to have one.
"Captain," Gabi began. "The storm is, and we're supposed be headed east. If we leave now, we might able to outrun it so we can get to the next port on time." Red nodded, and took a deep, painful breath. "That's what we'll do then." She looked at the men with sorrow. "I'm sorry, gentlemen, but I afraid we must depart. I would love to take you with us on the journey, but the boat isn't built to constantly carry six people." They all nodded and looked at their partners. Shannon couldn't stand to see the sadness glaze over Ross' once bright, happy eyes. Gabi pained to see the cheery, happy personality absent from Dan, and instead replaced with a bittersweet expression she couldn't describe. And Red. Red swallowed her tears. She couldn't even describe how bad she felt to be leaving Barry like this.

~

"Barry, if you could, untie that rope, please." Gabi said calmly, reaching out to catch it as he threw the end of the rope up to her. He glanced over at Red one last time. "Stay, Red. Please. You can wait until the storm passes, please." If she knew any better, she could've sworn she heard his voice crack. She looked at his loving face one last time. She didn't, she couldn't, but she had to. She had to stay no. She had to say no to his face.
"I'm sorry, Barry."