The Case of the missing blue pump

Second update guys!!!!!! Coz I'm nice haha :) comments and votes please because I love hearing from you all :)

Indeed, sat proudly in the middle of my bedroom floor, was a carryall of the brightest blue colour a fabric dye could achieve. The handles and zips were a complimentary shade of purple though and on the top was a purple entwining flower pattern. All in all it was a pretty sizable and suitable bag.

I picked it up, testing its weight when it was empty and found it to be quite light even though the bottom was reinforced with plastic backing.

Why mum thought I needed a new bag at all was beyond me. I had plenty. Mum bought new ones every time we moved, claiming that if we always used the same bags they might break part way through a journey. That was the kind of chapped logic she lived by.

I unzipped the top and stared down into the bag, seeking out all the little pockets and compartments within it.

Once happy I began laying things out on my bed that I needed to pack, closely following the list down to the letter.

Once everything was piled up I went into the bathroom before shouting down the stairs.
"Mum!? Where are the little plastic bottles for shampoo and conditioner?"

I waited until I heard the clatter of a spoon being put down then mum appeared at the foot of the stairs, drying her hands on a towel.

"Uh - I thought they were in the cupboard." She said unhelpfully.

"Which one?" I gestured to the bathroom, "Or are they somewhere else?"

Mum considered this and thought hard, her face scrunching up slightly.

"I went to the shops," She began muttering to herself, "And came in, put my keys in the bowl, walked into the kitchen to hang my coat up . . . uh - Oh! I know where they are. They'll still be in the carrier bag on my bedroom floor." She smiled before waltzing off again into the kitchen.

Mum wasn't the most organised person in the world, which had led to us losing and misplacing may a things over the years.

I went into her bedroom which was a disaster zone. Paper, magazines and clothes were strewn everywhere. After moving and shuffling almost everything in the room I found the carrier bag with the little plastic travel bottles in and filled one with shampoo and one with conditioner. There were also three smaller ones so I decided one for soap, one for shower gel and one for moisturiser - not that I used moisturiser but someone might want to borrow it.

I danced back into my bedroom in time to mums' music downstairs.

I looked up when I heard the doorbell ring.

"Mum!" I yelled with my head in the wardrobe as I dug around looking for my blue pumps, "Someone's at the door!"

I heard mum pause her music and walk to the front door.

With my head in the wardrobe I couldn't exactly hear what was happening until a voice startled me, the speaker stood in my bedroom doorway.

"What are you doing?"

I turned to look over my shoulder and grinned, obvious to the fact I probably looked silly on my hands and knees digging in the bottom of my wardrobe, "Uh, blue pumps . . . I'm looking for them."

John raised an eyebrow and pointed from the doorway to my bed, "Are they under there?"

I stood up and walked over only then realising he was waiting at my door out of politeness.

"You can come in." I smiled.

He grinned back and entered the room, taking up his usual spot in my comfy desk chair by my vanity table - although it was used more for school work then storing and holding makeup and such things.