Toasty Jumpers

Because I'm nice . . . (and I think I found a way around the no wifi problem) I'm updating again :) :) also its partly to do with the fact I didn't update in forever last time :S

Anyway! enjoy!!!! 

"I swear down that isn't good for you." Mum said as I removed yet another slice of burnt toast from the depths of our useless toaster. 

It was safe to say chargrilled didn't even cut the colour of the toast. It was practically disintegrating to ash in my hand! 

"Maybe butter will soften it up?" John said from the table after downing the last of the orange juice in his glass.

I turned around holding the blackened toast between finger and thumb.

"You're the wanna-be doctor; can this toast really be revived?"

John pursed his lips to stop him from laughing, "It looks like a fire hazard actually. When you said 'burnt' I only imagined a darkened brown - not charcoal." 

I groaned and cursed the toaster. At this rate neither me or John were going to have time to eat breakfast before Sherlock called. Sherlock's mum had offered to take me and John to school early since the coach taking us all to camp was leaving earlier then school normally started. 

John suggested it would be easier for us to be picked up from one house so had come over at the ungodly hour of 6:45am so we could be picked up for 7:15am to be at school for 7:40am. 

I yawned.

"N'awwww is my Little Flower tired?" Mum cooed at me. I envied her, still in her dressing gown and slippers, still half asleep whereas me and John were fully dressed and awake. Our bags sat in the hallway by the door - my bright blue one that was made even brighter when next to John's black carryall. Mine was slightly larger which had made John question what I could possibly have packed to make it look like it was bursting at the seams. 

Mum had joked that I had packed the kitchen sink. 

I got some more bread out of the bread bin and put it in the toaster, pushing down the lever and watching the filaments inside begin to glow orange with heat.

Mum turned the heat setting dial down too 3 as an extra precaution. Our toaster was useless! It had more mood swings then me. Either the toast was undercooked and floppy or it was - safe to say - ash. 

"I love your jumper, John." Mum said suddenly as she moved to refill the orange juice jug as I slid into my seat at the small kitchen table.

John looked down at his chest and smiled shyly, "My mum knitted it for me."

"I wish I could knit." Mum said dreamily, "I'd love to write an article on knitwear."

I frowned into my glass of water, "Why don't you then?"