Stupid dog . . .

Second update coz I left you hanging for quite a while so decided to make it up to you!! So here you go . . .

I trudged home – and when I say trudged it was more a stumble, jog, trudge combo due to Gladstone pulling me along by his lead. Every time a car went by Gladstone ran off the pavement, doubled back on himself then tried to walk on the pavement on the other side of me. When he did this the lead whipped the backs of my legs before hitting my heels and making me nearly fall flat on my face. I cursed for the fifth time.

“Rosie, dogs don’t understand curses. He’ll keep on doing it.” Sherlock said burying his chin into the folds of his scarf so that his voice was muffled slightly.

“Well you hold him then.” I grumbled, annoyed at the fact I’d never thought to wear a scarf so was freezing . . . my hands were especially cold. I tried to pull my coat sleeves further down but at the same moment Gladstone tugged extra violently on his lead. My grip, distracted and numb, loosened and the lead shot from my hand. Gladstone did an odd little waddle as if trying to find his footing as I shouted fractured bits of random words to get Sherlock and John’s attention at the fact Gladstone was now free.

John actually reacted faster than the dog’s actual owner. Before Gladstone could make a break for it, John stomped on the end of the lead and picked it up.

Sherlock looked at me with an eyebrow raised, over his coat collar, “And what language do you call that?”

“What?” I asked feeling a bit like a prat as John tugged Gladstone back onto the pavement. It took a bit of shoe wagging in his face to actually get him distracted from the cars. Instead not he just snapped at Johns ankles.

“The spurt of random words that you just composed for our ears. What language?” Sherlock asked again.

I snatched the lead off John and passed it to Sherlock, “Your dog. You hold.”

“Why me?”

“Owner obligation.” I said shortly before stamping my feet.

I envied Clara, Loki, the Doctor and the Master who lived more on the outskirts of our estate so, at this point; were home nice and snug.

We continued to walk on in silence until John stopped outside his house and did a funny twitch with his nose before smiling, “See you tomorrow!”

“Tomorrow is Saturday, John.” Sherlock stated looking at the clouds above us.

John frowned, “Well that doesn’t stop us seeing  . . . ugh – never mind.” John threw up his hands, gave me a nod goodbye and wondered up his garden path to his daunting front door.

“See you, John!” I shouted before hopping to keep up with Sherlock who was, in turn, hopping to keep up with Gladstone who seemed to like hopping to keep up with pigeons.  

Only he couldn't fly.

So his little doggie life was no longer worth living.

At which point he decided to lie down on the pavement.

I watched Sherlock’s face go from an impatient mask to a dark scowl.

“You know,” I began, “The more I think about it; that dog is very much like you.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Sherlock scoffed.

“You know, just obstinate and petulant.” I mused then added quickly, “But Gladstone has an element of cuddly . . . ugh . . . squishiness.”

Sherlock stared at me for a moment. In fact it was longer than a moment.

He then blinked, “Do you suffer from a laps of the brain that’s main symptom is that you talk utter jibberish?”

“Maybe.” I shrugged, tapping my foot in front of Gladstone to make him get up.

“Cuddly squishiness.” Sherlock said slowly before we began walking again, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Well you know you just lack that  . . .” I let my mouth open and close like a fish out of water trying to find the right words “ . . . cuddly squishiness.”

Sherlock gave me wide eyes then said suddenly, “I can tell you are having difficulty searching for words to describe me. In fact you are deeply engrossed in thinking.”

“What makes you think that?” I asked confused.

“You just walked past your house.”

I stopped, “Oh.”

Sherlock smiled slightly and turned on the spot so that he was staring at my house.

I put my hands in my pockets, “Bye, then. I guess.” I mumbled, resting my head on my chin, not looking at Sherlock.

Sherlock cleared his throat slightly, “Are you meeting John tomorrow?”

I looked up at the surprise question, “Ugh I don’t know.”

“How can you not know?”

I shrugged, “People make plans as they go along.” Then I smiled, “Don’t worry, we wouldn’t leave you out.”

"Why would I worry about a trivial fact like that?” he said suddenly defensively.

I raised an eyebrow and rolled my eyes before wrapping my arms around him and squeezing him in a hug. He stood rigid until I pulled back.

“And that was for . . .?” He asked slowly.

“Proving a point.” I smiled turning to walk way.

“What point?” Sherlock called after me.

I turned to look over my shoulder, “You lack cuddly squishiness!”

He frowned with his mouth still slightly open.

“Bye!” I called, displayed my widest grin that he dismissed with a wave of his hand but not before I’d seen the glimmer of smile play across his face.

There you go!!! Votes and comments as always guys!!! :) I will try t update more regularly from now on . . . promise xD