Hop Along

Right so I decided to write some more just to compensate for the fact I didn't write anything for ages and you were all waiting around for quite a while :) for that I am very sorry :) . . . sort of hehe.

So! New chapter!!!!

It was weird listening to the wheels on Clara's suitcase go from crunching up the gravel to gliding sleekly over the tiles in the front entrance. In fact the sudden transition of sound made me almost double back and make her do it again.

"Ah," Clara smiled, "That is so much easier."

"What is?" Tessa asked, switching the weight of her carryall onto her left shoulder.

"Pulling my suitcase over this floor instead of gravel."

"Tell me about it." Hermoine answered, also pulling along her own neat suitcase, "Plastic wheels were designed for smooth floors."

"Like in airports!" Molly smiled happily, "Except when they squeak loudly on polished surfaces."

I laughed knowing exactly what she meant. I'd been in enough airports in my time and knew all about squeaky wheels and shoes on polished surfaces.

The inside of the centre was even more grand then the outside. But instead of having the authentic stately home feeling about it, it had definitely been modified into a more child friendly activity centre.

Pasted on the walls were pictures of past students who had visited the centre and walls advertising the teams and the staff members. As we approached a door that had a plaque stuck to it saying Dorms, we passed a wall decorated with winner's shields.

I paused but Clara tugged on my arm, "Don't look at that! It's highly depressing!"

I frowned and studied all the shields, aware that everyone had stopped to look too even though Clara had wanted to proceed.

"Is it just me or can't I see-,"

"Exactly!" Clara said, "We haven't even got one shield on there!"

"But there are shields on here dating back to 1997!"

"Like I said, Highly Depressing!"

"Well we only have to win this year to break Chancethorp's winning streak." Hermoine said flicking last year's winning shield which sported the Chancethorp school logo.

"And let's proceed." Clara practically dragged me though the swinging door into a long corridor painted green.

"Do we have to go upstairs?" Molly asked tiredly.

"I hope not," Tessa sighed dropping her bag to the ground.

"No, girl's dorms are downstairs. Boy's dorms are upstairs." Hermoine said proceeding down the corridor slowly until finally it branched out into a bigger room with a staircase.

"There." She pointed to a door on the left hand side that was painted like woodland with a massive rabbit in the centre. In fact the whole place was decorated like a woodland. To the right was another door with a huge mutant squirrel on it.

"Is it just me or are the animals slightly out of proportion?" Hermoine said peering from the rabbit to the squirrel.

"Yeah, never mind sitting in the tree, the squirrel looks like it eats them for breakfast!" I said thinking the Doctor would have had something to say about this phenomenon.

Tessa opened the door to our room and we crowded in and just stood looking into its depth.

The room had a musky smell to it like fresh air was a rarity. It was also on the cold side.

It was rectangular in shape with bunk beds along one wall and then a single bed underneath the window at the far end. Along the opposite wall were cupboards and a double wardrobe. A dressing table type thing was situated under a large mirror and placed on the table was a hairdryer and a selection of brushes and a small pot of bobbles and clips.

But that wasn't the strangest thing about the room . . .

"Is it just me or are there . . ." Clara began.

"No, there's a lot of -," Hermoine tried to say.

"- an invasion of," I corrected her to which she nodded.

"Rabbits!" Molly shrieked happily.

She seemed quite content as we stood there wide eyed.

The floor was carpeted in green with a fluffy rug in the centre shaped like a rabbit. The walls were painted half green and half blue and there were rabbits amongst the painted flowers and rabbit shaped clouds floating in the painted sky. From the ceiling a lightshade hung which was made out of plastic diamante bunnies. The bedding was folded up and different on each bed but I could tell they all consisted of rabbit patterns and cushions littered the beds and chairs, all shaped like little rabbits.

There were even stuffed toys on the shelves and bed ends each with what looked like an individual name tag around its neck.

"Holy cow." Tessa breathed.

"More like holy bunny." Hermoine mumbled walking forwards and picking up a stuffed rabbit that was place on the nearest bed end.

She held it up to us, "Say hello to Nibbles."

Molly made a 'Whoop' kind of noise and ran to the nearest bed to sling down her stuff and pick up one of the fluffiest rabbits in the room.

"Ohmygosh this one's called Fluffy!"

"That's inventive. Top marks for imagination." Clara mused choosing a top bunk and putting her coat down.

"Kill joy." I slung one of the stuffed toys on my bed at her. It bopped her on the head as I said, "Say hello to Mr Carrot!"

Clara picked up the soft orange rabbit and laughed, "Jeeze. If this is our room can you imagine everyone else's?"

"I'm sure Mycroft is teaching his bats to attack at night with full stealth." Molly said from where she was laid on her bed studying one of the bigger stuffed rabbits that occupied the room.

Her comment made us fall over laughing.

Rabbits! hey it's Easter so there has to be rabbits :) Happy Easter everyone by the way hope you have a nice day and all :)

Votes and Comments as all ways you lovely lot :)