Come if convenient - if not, come anyway

So here we are again . . . another update! Love you all! and its kinda sweet . . . I think . . . maybe I'll just shut up . . .

Enjoy! Comments and Votes! pleasssseeee! thanks :)

"So, are you looking forward to camp, John?" Mum asked, placing her knife and fork down neatly on her plate.

I instantly rearranged mine to look as good as hers only my fork clattered to the table making both mum and John look at me: John looking amused.

"Yes, Mrs Walker - I can't wait." John said enthusiastically then looked at me when I motioned to the side of my mouth, tapping my lip.

He frowned then realised what I was doing and before my mum could look up again, John had wiped away the tomato sauce from the side of his face with the back of his hand. He gave me a thumbs up of thanks.

"Please, call me Sophie!" Mum said again, like she did every time John came over and called her 'Mrs Walker'.

"I'm glad you're all excited about camp anyway," Mum continued happily, clasping her hands under her chin thoughtfully, "I remember when I went on my school camp." She drifted off.

I looked at her, shaking my head slightly, "And?"

"Humm?" Mum looked at me then smiled, "Oh! Sorry. It was horrible."

Oh. Great. Thank you very much Mother - I love you so much, I thought to myself in despair as I smacked my palm to my forehead.

John smirked, his eyebrows slightly raised, "Why?"

Mum just pulled a face, "Well it was okay apart from this girl, Mallory Reedy, and she wasn't very nice. She put worms in all the beds in our dorm."

I choked on my water.

John's mouth twitched at the corners.

Mum was deadly serious.

"And then some of the boys thought it was funny to coax a sheep into the building." Mum concluded.

This time John did snort, only it was into his water which he'd decided to drink to hide the smile on his face. We began choking at the same time again.

"Are you serious Mum?" I gasped, swallowing painfully, holding back tearful laughter.

"Of course I'm being serious. It was all very different back in those days." She said dreamily before collecting in the plates, "Pudding?"

I looked at John who said, "Only if you have some too."

I looked up at mum, "What have we got, Mamon?"

Mum thought then said, "Je pense que, nous aurons du gâteau à la vanille avec de la crème anglais." She said in perfect French.

I laughed then looked at John then back to mum, "Avec la confiture?"

John shot up in his seat, "I know that word! I know that! 'La Confiture' is JAM!"

Mum laughed before saying, "You can have jam with your sponge and custard if you'd like."

"Please!" John said enthusiastically.

She disappeared from the room taking the plates with her.

John smiled, "Your mum is so nice."

I laughed, "Your mum's nice too! She makes you the cutest jumpers ever!"

John looked down at the red and blue striped knitted jumper he was wearing. On anyone else you might have reconsidered how it looked but on John it just looked cute and super trendy.