Canoeing (Part 1)

Another update my lovelies! Sorry about the cliffhanger but never fear because I might update everyday if I find the time! (running around a campsite waving an iPad looking for an Nernst connection can start to look a bit funny after a while ;) ) ENJOY!

------------------------------------------

"Wow, what happened to you?" Merlin said, pulling the carton of juice away from his mouth, his eyes wide with questions.

I shoved my wet hair from around my face and ruffled it with my fingers, trying to make it dry faster rather than dripping down my back.

Then again my clothes were wet too - past the point of drying in the next couple of minutes.

"Short version: We sank and ended up in the lake." Loki grumbled, wringing out his dark hair and flicking the water a Merlin who recoiled, complaining.

"Team!" Logan said, clicking his fingers above his head, "I advise you all to go and get changed and too leave your clothes over the radiators in your rooms."

We didn't have to be told twice as we trudged from the room, dripping water everywhere.

"I'm surprised the water level of the lake hasn't gone down" Tony laughed, peeling his shoes off in the corridor, "We seem to have absorbed most of the water."

Molly shivered next to me, "Rosie, our radiator doesn't work."

I'd forgotten completely about that, "Ah, then we have a problem."

"Ours works," Sherlock offered as a solution, "It's not as if Loki will steal your t-shirts if you leave them to dry in our room."

Loki snapped his fingers, "Aw Sherlock! You know I love pink t-shirts with sheep on." He pointed to Molly's sopping wet top, "I've been jealous of that all morning." He joked.

Once in our room I dug out a clean t-shirt and a pair of deep purple jogging bottoms.

"It's a good job I packed loads of shoes," Clara mumbled, pulling off her wet ones and then yelling, "Agh a fish! There's a fish in my shoe!" - jumping onto her bed.

"What? Where?!" Molly squealed in delight, observing the abandoned trainers and the wet carpet, "I can't see one."

Clara regained some composure and slid over to look before pointing into her left shoe, "What's that then?"

Molly held up a small, wet, soggy thing.

"A leaf." She giggled.

"Oh." Clara frowned before taking it from Molly, "It's pretty, isn't it?"

"You should let it dry out and keep it." I said, pulling on a dry NASA t-shirt and slipping on fresh trainers, collecting my wet clothes.

"If you give me your stuff I'll take it up to the guys and meet you down stairs." I said as they piled soggy clothes and shoes into my arms.

"What kind of drink and biscuit do you want me to save for you?" Clara asked

as I held the door open with my foot.

"I don't mind about the biscuit as long as it isn't one with peanuts in, but can I have a black current juice?" I asked, knowing Clara wouldn't have forgotten about my peanut allergy anyway but I still liked to remind her just in case.

"Sure thing!"

I walked back down to the hall with the boys, scraping the majority of my hair back into a bobble and watching Loki raise an eyebrow at the stumpy bunch my hair made.

"You can borrow some of mine if you'd like," He flicked his still damp, black hair over his shoulder as if he was in a shampoo advert.

"You love your hair too much to cut it." I laughed, sitting down opposite Clara as she slid my drink to me.