Chapter 1

Today would be the day I died a dramatic death. I would fall down and cringe in pain until the boy of my dreams showed up and saved my life with my first kiss. Well, second if you count the kiss I shared with Zac Wilson during the summer in Wyson. I was now a senior at yet another high school. The doors of the school were glass, as if letting me see my path to my death. 

Many students walked through those doors on a daily basis, making it a difficult experience for a claustrophobic senior. Instead, I waited on the side while the big group  of so-called seniors gave me stares, taking in my face as a newcomer, and blowing me off like I was the salad option in a meat restaurant, but it was certain. My fate was to walk through the doors, have many eyes on my curly blonde hair and I, then head to my classroom, just for more unwanted attention. Great. I was still outside the glass packed doors.

I walked through the doors, having it slam on my heels, just enough not to make me trip. I felt the eyes on me, a terrible feeling for the new kid in town. I searched through the crowd, finding myself amidst the gossip girls, who were staring and pointing at me, the jocks that shoved each other until the hall monitor broke them up, and the kids scrambling to finish homework. It was very chaotic. I finally found my way to the principal's office. On my way, I saw a red-headed girl with a brown haired boy, kissing, making me cringe. Love is definitely not my thing, and PDA was just gross.

The school itself was a beauty, with student painted masterpieces on the walls, cool banners saying to join this and that, and the science classroom, smelling of dead frogs all the way through the hall. I basically was drawn to the fine arts wing and far far away from the science wing.

I walked through the secretary’s office, who had short brown hair and thick-rimmed glasses. She looked like the girl version of Erkle. She pointed me to the principal’s office, where I was supposed to receive my block schedule. I walked through the small pathway, which every once in a while would have a teacher pass by and shoot me death glares. They are basically thinking “Great. Another student to teach and pass”. At the end, there was a sign with the words Principal. I got my schedule, which to me, looked like a big bowl of word salad. I saw my first class, which was Theatre with Mr. Johnson. 

I was a theatre student because I get to be a different person, not my usual weird self with super curls and sea blue eyes. I could go from being a weirdo to a socialite within seconds. I could also kiss a boy and feel something, while the boy’s girlfriend is head cheerleader and dumps him for being in Theatre. Cassidy was a jerk.

I walked in through the door, when I scanned the room for the very few empty seats. The teacher came in and pulled me towards a seat, next to a brunette boy, drawing. I leaned over and saw a picture of a girl being drawn. He was really good at art, for a Theatre student.

Soon, the principal came in, and motioned for Mr. Johnson to give her an introduction. 

"Students, this is our new principal, Ms. Vlaydon. She will be here for the rest of the year, then leave to work at Mison Academy. Ms. Vlaydon, meet the seniors of the theatre program." Mr. Johnson introduced, making the jocks cross their arms, and the nerds push up their glasses.

After the principal left, Mr. Johnson told us to get to know our tablemates for the big Theme Theatre production they supposedly put on every year. I looked at the boy to my left. I saw his brown eyes, the color of milk chocolate. I smiled, and the entire room faded away. It was like we were the only two people on the face of the Earth. Nothing bad was there, just him, me, and darkness. Sadly, I came back to reality, when the boy started talking.

"Hi, I'm Jack. What's your name?" He asked, giving me a smile and grabbed my hand. For any normal person, they’d shake a hand extended to them. For me, a claustrophobic senior who is not usually talked to, I backed away from the gesture.

"Alex." I replied, trying to tell myself to get over it. He turned to the teacher. That was right before one of the cheerleaders, who was in her blue and white cheerlearder’s uniform,  raised her hand.

"Yes, Britney?" Teacher asked, making the girl lower her hand and stand up. 

"What is the theme this year? And can we use people in the class for other parts?" She asked, sitting back down after she finished. I cringed. What would the topic be?

"Romance, and yes." Mr. Johnson replied, taking a sip of his Coca-Cola and setting it back down. What? I have to be romantic with a guy I just met and somehow had a crazy vision about us being the only two on Earth?! Yes! 

I turned back, and got out my laptop, seeing the other students, pulling out writing journals and pencils. We spent the rest of class, typing out ideas and picking actors. After a while of screaming over who should play what and talking, the bell rang and a huge herd of kids shuffled out the door. I only caught a glimpse of Jack before he turned the corner and was out of my sight. 

This school was huge. I was impressed with myself when I was able to get to my second period class in the four minute passing period. My class was Calculus, which was “so much fun” with ... Ms. Mayflower? I walked to her room, with the occasional shove and bad language. I put my head down and just silently moved through. I finally got to the classroom and found my seat. It was a long class of introduction and homework overview. Finally, the lovely bell rang and as usual at other schools I had attended, I waited behind while everyone else darted out the door. 

I took my phone and turned on some music. I walked to my third class, then all the classes after that. Finally, the bell rang for the end. 

For the first time, I went out, hoping nobody was there, but as usual, bodies were hustling out the doors in mass numbers. Guess I'll just wait.

After a while, I noticed a certain brunette Theatre cutie. I saw just enough to realize he had a girlfriend and there was no possible way I was getting him. Of course, he had a girlfriend. I fell back and let the scene drift to the bottom of my mind, while somehow crushing my heart at the same time. Well, maybe love's not for me.