Chapter 3

I groggily awakened from my sleep to the birds chirping and the sound of cars, racing loudly on the busy crowded streets. I slowly took my time to looked outside and scratched my head. Oh yeah, school! I put on a cute outfit -- pink blouse, red letterman jacket, and jeans. I slipped on my brown Uggs. I stepped outside and got in my car, smiling. I was also humming a tune, which I don't remember what song it was from. I hopped in my car to get to my school on time for once. 

I saw the haunting glass doors that led to the oddly colored white shade building. I walked through, not minding the crowds. I stumbled a bit, before noticing Jack, alone. I walked by him, hearing him call my name, but ignoring it. I walked up to Theatre, where Mr. Johnson was drinking out of a coconut?! I sat in my normal seat, when Jack came in. He looked happy, but when he saw my face, the smile turned upside down. He came beside me, and we both got working.

“You all have 20 minutes to finish up scripts and find costume ideas, so your production team can create everything.” Mr. Johnson announced, writing the time Production was coming to talk to us about our plays. 

I edited the script. It was about a princess, who is being attacked when a member of her security guard swoops in. The princess puts on her night form: a ninja, fighting crimes around Paris. They defeat the enemy together, and the security officer pulls off the mask. The two kiss and run off to the sides. In the end, they get married and kiss, not breaking the rule of two kissing scenes. I know, totally cliche. 

“Here they are, everyone. You will receive a team, that will help you produce and make your idea for a play a reality, of 14. Good luck!” Mr. Johnson announced, sending a group of production students over to our table. We mainly talked about the wedding scene. When the bell ring, I turned to my right, heading to Calculus, and saw Jack’s girlfriend, standing by our classroom. My hopes fell a little. 

After the day ended, I was walking down the very long, beige-colored hallway, stopping to let the giant mobs rush out of the classroom, as the bell rung multiple times furiously. I thought about Jack, when he came out of room 232, leaving with a pretty girl by his side, most likely his girlfriend. I started to fall in hopes, looking down at my tiny feet as I walked on.

As I walked by, I heard quiet sounds, coming from the supply closet. It was quite faint, but when I pressed my ear against the teal colored door, I heard Ms. Vlaydon, muttering some strange words that sounded like a spell. 

Bad comes more

I save thy victim

always be the head of a group

so they join the army

bad to those who don’t fall

under thy spell

As soon I heard silence and footsteps becoming louder, I rushed to the glass doors of the school and flung them open. I hurried, when Ms. Vlaydon exited the quite small supply closet and looked up and down the halls. That was weird. That was also suspicious.

What did I just hear? I thought to myself, pushing it to the back of my mind, when I heard someone walking up behind me. It was Jack. My heart rose, and we walked to my car. I drove off, humming the same tone to myself, until Jack heard it.

“You like Fun.?” He asked, grabbing my phone and turning it on, revealing a picture of the band. I smiled. He smiled. We arrived at my house, and he kissed me. Woah! His phone ringed, and he picked it up. He gave whoever was calling my address, and he smiled when he hung up. He turned to me. 

“That was the production team. They are going to come over, to have try ons. Okay?” He asked, making me smile.

“Kiss me, and I’ll say yes.” I dealt, and he did. We kissed. Somehow, he was a really good kisser. I wonder if he can tie a knot in a cherry stem. Doesn’t that prove you’re a good kisser? After we went inside, as we saw the production team Mr. Johnson assigned us pull up. They had a huge storage back. I looked in and saw a box, labeled Wedding Dresses. I walked back inside, followed by Jack and a group of our production team. 

“Okay, so Jack, you have trousers and white long-sleeve button-up T-shirt for the first scene. You also have a tuxedo being finished. Alex, you have five wedding dresses, ready for try-on. As a gift, we also have nine pairs of Jimmy Choos for each act. Ready?” The lead guy, Robert, told us, making my head nod. I smiled as they brought out everything.

After a couple hours of try-ons, we chose a sleek modern dress, with no straps and small diamonds. They were fake though (sad face). I get to keep the Jimmy Choos. That’s a good thing. I yawned, tired of trying on items of clothing. As soon as we finished, I sat there, in my jeans, and dozed off.