Chapter 11

I walked into school, on my last day at Duskin High School, home of the mighty fighting Dolphins. We’re majestic. The taller bunch of seniors passed up ahead of me, talking about basketball scholarships while entering in. 

The medium-sized group went in, I being tall due to almost-completing senior year. The group I was in was some sophomores and juniors, almost a head below me. My claustrophobia started to act up, but before something happened, the group dispersed, saying their individual goodbyes. 

I walked past the crowd, surrounding some blonde cheerleaders. I overheard their conversation. 

“So you don’t remember anything?” A guy asked, putting his hand on the taller cheerleader’s shoulder. Brittany, I believe. Brittany shrugged off his hands, and after 2 seconds of delay, she slapped him, creating a mist of shrieks and small jumps of fright, just like a stereotypical cheerleader. 

“It’s been black. No remembrance.” she replied, pushing through the group and then flipped her hair before leaving to class. She was probably heading to the Gym, for cheering with Coach Succes. Appropriate name for coach that is made for winning. 

I stumbled to the auditorium, where in the corner, I saw the graduation gowns hanging up and some freshmans, wheeling in hats. I got my registered one on, right before the principal called for the senior class to come to their seats. 

It was like in all movies, everything seems in slow motion until you trip and fall then ruin every chance of professionalism in your bones. Marcus Cluby did that and knocked down two senior cheerleaders. They kicked him once or twice, before recreating order and taking their seats. A young man and two girls tapped on the microphone. 

“Okay, so we are the soon-to-be seniors from Standford University’s top sorority and fraternity. Every year, we come to a different school to present students with their ticket to our sorority and fraternity. We have narrowed down our choices to ten people and here are the boys and girls who will be join us.” The tall boy said, extending a hand to the girls when he mentioned sorority. 

“First the girls: Emily Myers,” Emily smiled and walked up to receive her gold card, “Jennifer Matthews, Delilah Peterson, Jane Watson, Ella Parker, Cindy Marcus, Demi Sincy, Hope Carter, Brittany Martin, and Alex Conley.” They finished the girls and my name was last. I walked up and received my diploma, light pink sweatshirt, and gold card. I sort of screamed with Emily. Together for the next four years. 

“Now for the boys: John Michaels, Hayden Thompson, Jake Shuscan, Blake Thomas, Mark Andrews, Pablo Guetten, Jack Corbin,” I screamed and Jack waved, holding his diploma, black sweatshirt, and silver card. The rest of the names were a blur, but instead of waiting for everyone else to receive their stuff, we went out and all met up the seniors of Alpha Millions fraternity and Goddess Girls sorority. They handed us our packet, that held our classes, and telling us the rules. We are only allowed to date people from the top groups, no lower. 

After we were finished with our guides, we went back into the auditorium, for the ceremonial toss-the-hats-in-the-air. Afterwards, we headed back to our normal classes, which was only our last period. Some kids started the High School musical chant, and right at the bell, as if it was our cue, we all screamed. Tossing up our papers, we all ran outside. Since it was cold outside, we both pulled on our new sweatshirts. 

"Ready for college, Little Miss Goddess Girl?!" Jack asked, sarcastically, pulling me in closer and placing his lips on mine. Sparks flew.

"Are you, Mr. Alpha Million?" I asked back, jumping in my car to drive home. It was time for college, baby, and the next four years with my boyfriend and my best friend. After a little bit of driving (1 minute or so), I realized that I hadn’t seen Ms. Vlaydon all week. I drove back, to see kids still filing out of school. I rushed in to the office and saw a note on Ms. Vlaydon’s desk.

I’ll be back.

Sincerely, Vlaydon.