Chapter 9

The computer showed no activity in the room since 4 PM, except for the occasional nurse, coming in, taking Emily's temperature, sighing and walking out of the room. I cried. She wasn't in a coma, but she was. She wasn't in a real one; someone was keeping her there, no fighting, no struggling, just asleep ... for months now.

"Do you think?" Jack asked, making me cringe in acknowledgement. I nodded, and started crying into his chest. Having my boyfriend be almost a head taller than me makes him rest his chin on my head, while petting my head. We walked out, just in time to sight the lady and Claire, speaking about Emily.

"So when do you think she should wake up?" Claire asked, placing her hand on her hip, showing her inner cheerleader sass. Being in a cheerleader outfit while being rude to a nurse is not very convincing. The lady shrugged, returning to her computer, and pulling up Emily's record.

"I said, " Claire popped the bubble gum she had been chewing, then begun her speech again, "What time should she wake up?" Claire popped the P at the end, probably just for emphasis.

"She should have woken up 2 months ago, but ...," She clicked the left button on her mouse, "it looks like someone has been given her shots of Sleeper." She went back to finish paperwork. Claire turned on her heel, flipped her ponytail back, then strutted off. We darted off, going back to our car.

After we got back home, I walked through the door to my house, and turned to say goodbye to Jack, when he kissed me. I smiled after. He is my Prince Charming, I hope.

"Goodbye, Jack, miss you." I replied, shutting the door slowly and crying. Why does he have to be so ... perfect?

I hurried up to my room and you know what happens next. Hey, I'm nervous. I scooped some ice cream into a bowl and sat in front of my computer, watching Paint, an amazingly funny Youtuber. After finishing, I hid my bowl and hopped into my nice warm covers. Guess what happened next? I fell asleep.

The next day was the first day back to school after the long weekend. This week had a lot of events going on. Monday is Senior Prank Day, where seniors come to school early to set up pranks around the school. Tuesday is Day-of-Asking-to-Prom, where if you haven't already got a date, you have to make a big announcement to ask. Wednesday is Prom, the night to remember. Thursday is The Big Theatre Play, and Friday (oh yes, Friday) is Graduation / Seniors Day of Freaking Glory. Day where we get to toss our papers up in the air and throw our hats.

I was at school, alongside Jack, gluing Mr. Jenkins' desk drawer shut. I heard footsteps in the hall and looked to see the "annual" confetti cameras, being rigged. Nice! I looked to see a blonde and redhead, gossiping in the corner. I went back to helping Jack finish the drawer, when I switched to the cabinet. Piles and piles of little cut-up paper will fly out when the teacher opens the cabinet. The fan was being rigged to fly flour everywhere, and Jessie (a friend of mine) was helping Mindy coat all the erasers for the whiteboard in black paint. The gym was being filled with 1,000 balloons, covering the floor. The intercom is set to scream "SENIORS!" at about 10:30 am.

We saw the first bus pull up and we hid behind the desks. When the freshmans and the teacher walked, we almost gave away ourselves by laughing. I think the teachers saw us, but he didn't say anything.

"So please get out your textbooks." He spoke, trying to pull out his desk drawer. He pulled, tugged, and even kicked it to try to open it.

"Oh no, it is not ...," He sighed, when we jumped out.

"SENIOR PRANK DAY!" We all screeched, running at the light switch and flipping on the fan. Flour was sprayed, and the teacher yanked open the cabinet. Paper flew out in all directions. You could hear loud popping noises, echoing down the halls. All the seniors clustered in a hall, populars on the inner, invisies on the outer. Just the announcement went on and we all screamed, then headed off to our normal classes, getting sprayed by confetti.

In Theatre, nothing was a super mess. Matter of fact, it was perfectly clean. The seniors swore not to mess up that room, due to the fact that most of us are in Theatre. We smiled and waved to our teacher, seeing him pray that we didn't have a single prank with us or in the room. We shook our heads, and he jumped for joy.

"Okay, class, let's get down to business. Group 1, begin." He called, bringing one of the groups to center stage. One by one, kisses after kisses, we were done. It was sweet, some of them bringing each other up. Only one group didn't go on. Tyler and Emily. Emily was still in the hospital.

After senior prank day, I went home and smiled. I had just finished the first day of my last week in high school. Then it's off to MIT. I smiled again and rushed upstairs. Thankfully, being a senior, we don't get any homework in the last week. I spent the entire night, watching Supernatural and Merlin. I fell asleep after 5 episodes.