Chapter 4

The next day was the start of a long weekend. I walked down to get my morning coffee at the new joint down the block. When I entered, I seriously thought I did something wrong and walked into my bedroom combined with my living room. There were couches, a table bolted to the wall against the inner lining of the shop, and a couple of TVs in the walls.

I saw Jack, arm slung around a blonde girl's shoulder and other arm, using his hand to hold a warm cup of coffee. I cringed. I walked up a couple more feet and saw Ms. Vlaydon with a group of adults. I walked up to where I could see the menu, but secretly listened to their conversation.

"When is bad stuff supposed to happen?" Ms. Vlaydon asked, tapping her feet against the floor. I heard some whispering, but couldn't quite make out the words. 

"Soon. I had to wait 5 days until the spell worked." The lady with a red coat and black short hair said, looking around to see if anyone was looking. I sped my eyes back to the menu, making curious faces as if I was trying to choose.

Wait, 5 DAYS?! That will be on Monday, then. I have to figure out what she is talking about. I thought to myself, just when my phone interrupted my quite large train of thought. I saw a picture of my sister and read $30 underneath her face. Ugh, I have to babysit. I got my usual coffee and walked out of the store, feeling two dark eyes looking at the back of my neck. 

RING RINGGGGG! 

I vigorously hit the stupid annoying alarm clock, and stretched my arms. I quickly looked around my small blue room, feeling no eyes on me. I quickly wiped my forehead, and placed my feet on my white rug.

I heard the pitter patter of rain and the crack of thunder, coming from outside. Great!, I thought. I got my blue sweater, purple raincoat, then left, quickly stopping by the coffee joint on my long way to Emily's house.

It wasn't just a house. It was a huge MANSION! I walked in through the huge wooden fancy doors, making me gasp in utmost shock.

The room I slowly walked and took in was gorgeous. It had gold couches, with intricate rugs. There was giant windows, with light blue curtains, hanging from above. I was brought out of my trance, when Emily came down the spiraling wooden stairs.

"Hey, Alex. Come on!" She smiled, racing upstairs as fast as you can in high heels. I followed her and saw what was my room times infinity. 

She had a windowsill, pink silk sheets with beautiful throw pillows. Her bed was bolted into the dark purple walls. There was a huge chandelier, and on her large desk sitting in the corner, sat the largest collection of Apple products I have ever seen.

"So," she nudged my shoulder as she spoke, "How are you and Jack?" I gave her a weird look. 

"Oh, he hasn't asked you yet. Well, Jane and him broke up on Friday, and he said he'll just ask you out." She squealed, making the butterflies swirl until a squeal came out. I covered it with a cough. 

"Oh, come on. Just squeal, ... or I will tickle you." She said, coming towards me. I squealed, and she went back to her original seat. I sighed. Before I knew it, it was the end of the day, and I had to walk home in the pitch dark. Luckily, Emily asked her dad to drive me home. I must have fallen into deep sleep, because before I knew it, it was Monday.