Chapter 8

The next day was pretty much, as if I could sum it up in one very delicate word, spectacular. There was no "Oh my gosh, I almost hit a tree!" or "Help! A pot falling just hit my best friends.". Just a normal day at a very un-normal high school with a creepy principal, joined with a group, planning to take over the entire freaking world. Yeah, I suggest the word normal. I opened my car door, set my foot with a white wedge shoe on the very dark street. I smiled, grabbed my backpack, and kicked the car into park. I was ready. As I headed up to the Theatre classroom, I saw a cute guy, looking at me, strangely with an eerie glance. I quickened my pace to a fast-walk, and before I knew it, there was Jack, sitting in his seat, twirling his pencil. I ran to behind him, and covered his eyes. 

"Now well who could this be? It is definitely not Alex," He took my hands off his eyes, and pulled me around to the chair. We kissed and had a normal class, which is pretty weird for us. The rest of the day was finished in a blink of an eye, and I was walking out the front doors of the school, with my head held high. I walked to the location of my car, and hopped into the Convertible I got for my birthday.

As I was driving, I noticed that Ice Cream Princess was having half price on all shakes and ice cream. I drove over and bought about 10 containers of yummy Oreo Cookie Dough Supreme. I cruised home, which is about 5 minutes from Ice Cream Princess. I rushed upstairs and placed the ice cream in my freezer. Then, I retrieved my snack size one from my purse, and completed my homework. My mom called me down for dinner, right after completion of my snack. I hurried down the stairs to see three foldable tables, all stationed in front of the TV. My mom turned around, probably hearing my footsteps echoing down the stairs.

"Hey! During dinner, we get to see the advanced copy of Chris' new movie?" She said, holding up the case. Chris turned also, smiling his perfect godly teeth smile. 

"AVENGERS!!!" I screeched, seeing my mother and Chris putting their fingers in their ears. I ran and jumped onto my swirling comfy chair. 

"Guessing you're a fan?!" Chris chuckled, making me grin a mouthful of broccoli and salmon. Chris and Mom exchanged a glance, then broke into laughter. After I saw, I laughed to. I swallowed as my mom popped in my new favorite movie of all time. 

The next day was part of my long weekend, which is the only thing at school I am grateful for them giving to us. I walked along the path, chuckled, and went for my usual sunrise hike. The hike was short, only about 1 mile. I saw the sun, peaking over the mountain in the distance, one of many memories, both good and bad. I heard the snap of a twig and quickly turned around to see Jack, standing about 5 feet away. 

"Ah, I knew something would give me away eventually. Hello, love." He pulled into a hug. I leaped onto the rock and sat down, probably bruising my gluteus maximus. Jack joined me, unpacking a bag of cinnamon rolls, biscuits, and sausage balls. We had the delicious breakfast, and when the sun peaked just above the mountain, we kissed. We walked back down the hike, when we heard familiar voices, coming up the pathway. We scurried into the trees, just in time to catch a look at our principal and her group of evildoers. 

"Dolores, we can use Mount Cris over there to sketch out the plan, ... away from the overhearers that may be here." Ms. Vlaydon muttered, looking around. Luckily, we both wore something pretty blendy and weren't seen.

"No one's here, Dorth, just look. We have the agent coming to meet us in a half an hour. Let's walk back down." They went back down the hill they came from. Right as we had 3 minutes after we heard their voices fade away, we took a shortcut to my house, picking up Ms. Vlaydon's voice again. I entered, followed by Jack. We snuck up to my room. Unluckily, Jack had to leave and I was stuck in my room by myself. I decided to snooze. 

When I woke up, it was lunchtime and I had the house to myself. Chris and Mom were probably out shopping, Chris signing autographs and taking photos, while Mom drags him along by the sleeve. I heard my baby sister, crying on the baby monitor. I hate it when she does this. I grab her binkie and make a mad dash up stairs, just to give Lillian her binkie and pat her on the back. I went back downstairs, after I made sure Lillian was asleep. I heard a loud sound by my door, and looked out the peephole. There on my doorstep was Mom and Chris, kissing. I opened it, hiding behind to freak my mom out.

"Alex, I know you're there." She said, pulling the door from in front of me and smiling. Of course, I've done about three trillion times to her this year. I probably need to cut back. I stood at alert, checking to see if she had those Beats I wanted. Sure enough, she did, alongside a new iPhone 5. I skipped around them, and probably acted super childlike. I headed back upstairs, downloading lots of music. What, 64 GB? Why not use it?

I smiled when I read on my phone a new text from Jack. I cringed, smiled, laughed, and felt like I was going to hurl all at the same time.

"School closed for a week. Something's wrong, door." I at first thought that he just got spell checked for doof,but then I heard the doorbell. Looking through the overhead window, I saw Jack. I grabbed my bag and hustled out to my car. Today, we were visiting Emily in the hospital.

Finally, when we got to the room, after entering the hospital, I heard voices, coming from Emily's room. I stopped Jack and we hid behind the door to listen.

"I'm sorry, Emily, but I must." I heard Claire, one of the girls on cheerleading squad. I heard one of her heels pound the floor and walk away. A drop in the bed is all I heard right before I entered the room. There she was, lying silently, asleep. The only thing different about her was the bandage on her right arm, that looked like it had been used more than twice.