Chapter 7

The next day at school, I noticed something off about Emily. After Gym, we walked into the courtyard, and a ceramic pot from the art class fell on her. She fell quickly to the ground, and everybody huddled around. We were shaking her, and finally, I stood up, to Ms. Vlaydon smirking. No, this cannot be happening. 

I dragged my sad butt to my car, where I saw Ms. Vlaydon,holding onto the door, looking at me intentively. I walked over to her.

"I know you know about the spell. Well let me just tell you. Today was not the last of your problems." She whispered, slowly walking away. She would be sorry. She should not mess with my friends and get away with it. 

When I went home, I was embraced by a hug. By who? When I was released, I saw it was Jack. I just cried into his shoulder. We walked up to the upstairs living room, which looked like it was all set for a movie night. Jack sat on one end, a blanket covering his legs, while I laid on his lap, a different blanket covering. Of course, we were watching High School Musical. Occasionally, we would kiss. After a while, I fell asleep, and Jack must have left, because I woke up, he was gone. There was a yellow Sticky Note, stuck to the couch beside me.

Dear Alex, I love you so much. It would be a great honor to go to the Prom with you. Sincerely, Jack.

I smiled. He just asked me to Prom. Yes, of course yes. I ran downstairs to drive to school, when I saw Chris and my mom together on the couch. She was wearing a ring ... A diamond ring! I'll just ask her later. I hurried out the door, feeling a strange sensation. All of a sudden, my car spun out of control and almost hit a nearby tree. Luckily, the brakes still work and I got just a tiny scratch. This is the bad luck, kicking in. I drove quickly to school, to see the principal, greeting students, who also gave me an unlucky smirk as I walked by.

"Bad luck kicking in yet?" She asked, already knowing the obvious answer to her own question. I heard a ding on my phone, and read a recent text.

Jack: something's wrong... Come to Theatre.

I rushed up the stairs, trying to pull myself together before I got to class. Why? I almost got seriously injured, running into a tree. I saw Jack, motioning for me to come over to him.

"So yesterday, during free period, the football players and cheerleaders, instead of going to the field, were in the principal's office, looking quite happy with information. Do you know anything about this?" He asked, slinging his arm over my shoulder. 

I repeated the entire adventure: hearing the spell to the coffee scene to Emily to my car almost ramming into a tree. I shrugged. He smiled.

"Well, at least not everyone has fallen under her 'spell'." He observed, turning back to where the teacher had started speaking. I focused on what I just repeated to my boyfriend, not on the play majors and minors, pros and cons the teacher was lecturing us about. After the bell ring, I walked out of the classroom, somewhat in a hurry but more to get away from Ms. Vlaydon in case she was there. 

As I walked past the computer lab, I watched a scene unfold. One of the nerds scooted back a little too far, knocking over the computer rack. He screamed and all of a sudden, out of the blue, Ms. Vlaydon was standing there, holding the rack up with both hands. The nerd was on the floor, cringing at the sight. 

"You saved my ... We will join you." The head nerd, Vincent, said, but cut off before even finishing his sentence. Now everyone was on her side: the nerds, the cheerleaders, players in every sport. I just need to shut it down, in case things get out of hand. I quickly walked on, after I got an evil glare from the principal. I stepped my foot into the classroom, which earned me a sour glance from the teacher.

"Almost late, Alex, but nothing due to your foot being in class." My teacher cursed, turning back to checking her numerous of emails. I grabbed my seat and sat down, before I could get into anymore trouble.