[Excerpt from Sequel to BLJ: Sororities]

This year is going to be different, I thought to myself, slinging my backpack on my shoulder and walking into the castle-like building labeled “Writing”. I saw a huge room, sort of like an auditorium, with aircraft-like seats semi-encircling a small area. The teacher was writing his name on the board, when I spotted Emily. 

She was sitting with the sophomore girls, talking probably about the new Alpha Millions. She motioned me over to her, and as she requested, I went. I sat down, in what is said, the most comfortable seat in class. It was. After a while, we finished and had the first chapter of our book due online at Wattpad, on Friday. 

I had a free-period with Emily, who got the seniors to get our schedules to be the same. I went into my room, followed by Emily, to grab my laptop and notebook. We stopped by her room, which was incredibly well-done, just like mine. We walked over to a small wooden picnic table.

"So what is your story going to be about?" Em asked, probably reading on Wattpad. I shrugged and clicked on a romance story called "Truly" by Ruthie Knox. It was amazing. I wrote down a plot idea on my notebook.

Plot:

Jessie Parks is heading off to the Olympics with her best friend Olivia. She faces troubles, problems, and lots of struggles. 

I started vigorously writing away at my first chapter, which already hit 2 pages. I published it, and sent the link to Emily.

"How did you write that so fast?!" She looked surprised, as if the entire uni threw her a surprise birthday party for her. I shrugged again, turning back to the screen. 

You have a new message. The screen read. I clicked on my inbox, and noticed that it was from my teacher.

@MrEnglishFan: Hello Alex, I am pleased to see you have started your novel early. Please send the first draft to me, so that I may revise before you publish. Thanks, Mr. Smith. 

“Hey did you just get this message from Mr. Smith?” We both asked each other at the same time, switching computers. Sure enough, there was the exact same note I just received but with her name instead of mine. 

“Probably just a computer program.” Emily said, blowing it off. I had a surge going through me, telling me it wasn’t. I heard the bell ring and headed off to my next class, which was called ... Intro to College, only 2 weeks. 

“Hello class,” The teacher tells me, motioning to the whiteboard. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I looked back to see Ella from my sorority. 

“Here are the notes the GG seniors gave me to give to you. We are supposed to be taking notes.” She said, turning back to look at the whiteboard. I looked at the notes. Every rule had a little loophole next to it for the GGs. Great, another way to be naughty. Just what I need. I noticed something else. The notes looked exactly like the notes we were supposed to be taking. THEY WERE. Man, being a GG has its advantages. Soon, the bell rang and I was done for the rest of the day. 

As soon as we got back to the dorm, Em’s phone beeped. She burst into tears, and gave me her phone to read the gut-ripping text from her “boyfriend”.

Em, I am so sorry to be doing this through text. I found a girl, Maya, and I love her, just like I loved you. I’m sorry. -James

“Do you want Ice Cream Princess? They have one just down the road.” I said, and she nodded. I backed my car out of its assigned parking. I drove up to the nearest Ice Cream Princess and slowly ordered Em’s new favorite Caramel Drizzle Cookie Dough. After we finished, we parked and walked back to the dorm, bumping into a boy on the way.

“I am so deeply sorry,” He said, turning his head towards the ground and fast-walking away. Emily kept watching him into the distant. 

“Emily has a crush on Jesse.” I annoyed her, and just like Jesse, she fast-walked to the dorm, away from me.

I only knew Jesse’s name because Jack decided to introduce me to him after 5th period. We briefly spoke, and him, being a law major like Jack, had to scurry off to his next class. He is cute, though. Why are you thinking that, Alex? You have Jack, and hopefully Jesse has Em. 

I walked quickly up to my room, which happened to be on the fifth floor. There are way too many stairs. I finally got to my room, when I heard a bing and watched as Em stepped out of a gray elevator.

"There is an elevator?!" I screamed and barged into my room, only to find Angel, legs crossed, filing her pretty pink nails. 

"Well, hello Freshman, your new clothes have been placed in your closet. Your cello is in the corner and so is the violin you ordered. Your book copies are on the desk, and finished homework is on your bed. Toodles!" She sort of yelped, as I scurried to my bed. There, on the white fur blanket I got from my mom, was a stack of finished stacks of homework. It was so nice, having all your homework already done.