Chapter 2

I swiftly raced out to my car, a dark red Corvette my parents had bought me last year as a suprise. . After getting in, I just sat there, without speaking to myself. I noticed a warm tear, falling from my eye, down my cheek and dripping onto the warm leather seat. . I wiped it off, like it was nothing, but someone familiar had already noticed.

A tall red-head chic started walking towards me, and I hid my smeared mascara-covered face. Just the time for attention. .

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked, leaning in. I could truthfully tell her that the handsome boy I met in Theatre, that I thought was my soul mate, broke my heart with a pretty kind girlfriend. Na, I'll just say nothing.

"Nothing." I muttered out, letting her give me a suspicious look.

"Well ... I'm Emily Myers." She brought out her hand for me to shake, and I did. Remember, Alex, be polite and do not show weakness. 

Emily was tall and pretty, and supposedly, from hearing her name in the hall countless times, popular. Her red hair reached to her mid-back, where at the end, it made a little curl. Wait, aren’t popular chicks supposed to be mean? Stop being stereotypical, Alex. 

"I'm Alex Conley." I replied, trying to look happy with my tear struck face. She looked unsatisfied, then came around the car to the passenger side.

"Hey, aren't you in my Theatre class?" I asked, remembering her red hair from sitting in front of me.

"Oh yeah, you're with ... Oh no! It's Jack, isn't it?" She said sympathetically. Even the mention of his dreaded name brought tears into my eyes. I nodded and put my face in my hands, crying. I felt a hand pat my back and heard quietly a seatbelt click, looking up to see Emily buckled in. 

"Could I come over? We could write the scripts together." She asked, using her hands to form a praying form, pleading. I nodded, since now she was my only TRUE friend. I backed out of the dark parking lot. I drove home, Emily making not a peep of sound. We rapidly arrived at my house, seeing my brother hanging with some of his friends. He was going through a businessman phase, which I probably be happy about. Boys would usually be going through a punk phase. I walked in, followed by Emily.

My mother was in the kitchen, feeding my baby sister a little cup of baby applesauce, when Emily and I walked in through the sliding door. The kitchen was dark grey color, with different jewels in the glass to give off a rich feeling. My mom has always wanted to be rich and doing the kitchen this way made her feel like it. There was a painting, one from when I was five, of our family. There was my mom dad and I. My mom hadn’t told me about what happened to my father yet. She told me that he was working in California and was going to return with surprises. 

The kitchen smelled of delight and happiness, which is what my mother’s perfume is “supposed” to smell like. It does, and it smells really good. But back to my mother. 

Mom had a shocked face for a moment, before returning to its happy mood. 

"Alex, who's this?" She asked, motioning for me to introduce Emily.

"Mom, this is Emily, a friend from Theatre. Emily, this is my mother and baby sister, Lillian." I introduced them to each other, motioning to the different people I was talking about. 

"Well, nice to meet you." My mom replied, bringing her hand out for Emily to shake. Emily gladly did and started to make funny faces at Lillian, making her laugh. Mom smiled and gave me a thumbs up, making me smile back weakly and head upstairs, followed by Emily.

When I entered my room, Emily looked around. My room was covered in pictures of One Direction and LipMix, from X Factor. Sitting on the table in front of my bed was a computer, which was probably being spammed about One Direction new songs. The laptop was also blasting “Acapella” by Karmin. My garbage can was overflowing with crumbled paper, after failed ideas for books. And last of all, there was a signed picture of Christopher Wilde, telling me he loved me. 

FLASHBACK

I had been standing in line for 3 hours, waiting for the autograph from one of my favorite stars. I was finally in the front, standing right behind the person, who was meeting Chris. Finally, it was my turn. He smiled, flipping that blonde perfect hair of his out of his eyes and flashing his gorgeous white-teethed smile. 

“What’s your name, honey?” Chris asked, starting to write down his autograph.

“Alex.” I replied, blushing a little and making the girls behind me roll their eyes. 

“Well, here you go, Alex.” He responded to my reply, and handed me the picture. He said:

To Alex,

I love you. 

Christopher Wilde

END OF FLASHBACK

I snapped out of my daydream, when Emily started writing on her computer, sitting on my bed. 

We got out our laptops, trying to figure out script ideas. I seriously was brain-locked. I couldn't figure out how we would be able to finish. Jack got on, and my already-maximum anger was raised. That was before Emily talked.

"Hey, I got one good thing for you. One of the rules for this year is that the partners creating the script must have at least 2 kissing scenes between the two partners. Yeah. I get to kiss Tyler." She whispered, knowing that if my mom heard, she probably would come up and ruin our hangout.

"That's good. But look who just got on." I whispered, feeling my heart break the moment I turned around the computer. Emily gasped, like she just saw Heaven, and I smiled. She was a really funny person. 

"Ignore him. So how about this for my setting? London on a cold day. The two characters meet in a cafe and talk, falling in love with each other almost instantly." She told me, giving me good ideas. I jotted down PARIS. Jack wrote a comment about how it was a good idea next to it, and for the first time since the “incident” this afternoon, I didn't cry; I smirked. I got a message.

Hey, what classes do you have tomorrow? He asked, making me turn around the computer and making Emily look curious, like she didn’t know why I was showing her. Wait, what about his girlfriend?

There was a ding, from a text. It wasn't mine, because my stupid sister thought my phone was hers and dropped it on its face. Yeah, perfect. Emily picked up her phone, and looked up. 

"Sorry, I have to go. My stupid sister is sick again. Bye." Emily said, and walked out. I waved goodbye. I started writing down parts and assigning members of our class I thought would be good as the actors. Jack left the file quickly and I ended the night, working on a romance novel.