Chapter #14

The period started after a few minutes of arguing by the time it started the rest of the kids in the class had come in and witnessed our argument. Lets just say it ended when the teacher came in and saw me holding Gilbert and Alfred in headlocks under my arms and everyone laughing.

“Miss Reilly will you release Alfred and Gilbert so we can get started.” Ms. Mical said rolling up her sleeves and wrapping an apron around her waist.

“Yes Ma’am.” I said saluting her and dropping the boys so they landed on their faces.

“Okay class, get your aprons on, I will write the assignment on the board then pass out the recipe, just wash your hands before starting.” She said picking up a black board marker and writing on the board. I followed the kids to a cabinet to pull out an apron, and after I got one on I looked back at the board. On the whiteboard in a nice script like writing was ‘Personal Bento Boxes, will be graded on presentation.

“Jigoku e e. Watashi ga tsukuru bentō ga daisuki-” I said happily doing a small dance while talking in Japanese. Kiku looked over at me and started to laugh a little.

“Anata ga nihongo o hanasu?” He asked me.

“Hai.” I smiled.

“Stop talking in foreign language Luna.” Alfred wined as he walked over towards us.

“I can talk in which ever language I want to. Baka.” I retorted pulling out some of the ingredients I would need for the box.

“Ms. Mical, can we have our food for lunch after you grade it.” Gilbert asked from right behind me and I almost hit as he scared me.

“Yes, you always get to eat after I grade the food.” Ms. Michal said sitting down at her desk after handing out a paper with the necessary requirements. All the assignment needed was a rice dish, protein(eggs), meat or fish and vegetables. So I started to grab out other ingredients while the eggs were cooking. I finished doing the food by cutting some carrots, steaming the rice, pulling the mini wieners from the oven, cutting the bacon I’d need, pulling out the shrimp tempura and finishing up working on the eggs. The class was about half over when I started with the presentation of it. I cut the mini wieners to look like squids, fixed the fried eggs, prepared some rice balls. Then placing all of the food into a bento box and making the presentation really cute I felt really content. With the spare rice I had left over I put into a bowl, sat down in one of the chairs and ate the rice while watching over rest of the class fail on attempting to make a bento box.

“Luna, are you finished too?” Japan said coming over also with a bowl of rice.

“Yeah.”

“So before you were saying that you had been to Japan before.”

“Yeah, I went for 2nd grade and I live in Japan when it’s summer.”

“Cool, maybe we could hang out over the summer.”

“Hey you can come over to my house too!” Alfred said turning away from his project.

“Ours too.” Gilbert said pointing to him and Ludwig.

“Me too.” Unfortunately Francis interjected. Note to self if I do hang out with Francis I NEED some one to be there too.

“Y yo, por favor.” Antonio interjected.

“Uhhh… This is going to be one hell of a summer if I have to travel the world to hang out withal of my friends.” I sighed as I continued to eat my rice. Ms. Mical started to yell at us because we are dawdling. Then I raised my hand and she glared at me but let me talk.