Chapter 2

Alice's POV

I'm staring out the window of Isabella's car as she drives us to school. I can't help but wonder if she's okay as she seems very distant since she picked me up this morning.

"Hey, are you okay hun?" I look over to her and ask, watching her face expressions and all. "Yes Ali, I'm good. Are you?" Hmmm I think to myself, doesn't seem that way. "Yes, I'm okay. Just a little worried about you, that's all." I blurt out and look back through the window, "Worried? Why?" she asks. "Oh nothing, you just seem lost in your own world since you picked me up" There's a long pause and she replies with a soft "oh" as we pull into the parking lot of our school.

"Did you get your schedule already?" She asks me. "Nope, who wants to come to school during the summer to pick up school schedules?" was my reply. She laughs a little, "you could have printed it from the portal smartass. Come on let's get you your schedule"

We're heading to the main office to collect my schedule because I didn't remember about the new portal they had set up. On our way to the office we ran into Edward and Jasper who by the looks of it went to collect their schedule also, all four of us have been friends since freshman year.

"Hey guys, went to get your schedules?" Iz asks.

"Yup" both boys answered, "how was your summer?" Edward belted out. Is shrugged, "it was fine, how about yours?" "Mine was fun spent it with Jasper and his family" Iz cleared her throat, "Ali we will be late for class if we stay here and chat all morning,can we go for your schedule and chat at lunch with these knuckle heads?"

Iz walked off to the office leaving me to play catch up I didn't mind though because I got to watch her walk away, but to my surprise it was one of the saddest feelings ever. I never want Is to walk out of my life I realized, so I ran to catch up with her.

"Hey what's that all about?" She shrugged and I started to pout, she turned and started to laugh so I poked her and called her a meanie. I collected my schedule and realized that we both have the same home room and same classes. Well not really, Iz is a brainiac so she did the sciences while I did the other subjects. She always dreamed of becoming a doctor while me on the other hand, well lets just say I just want to be the wife of Dr. Benson and mother of her children. But who am I kidding? Iz did not see me that way and in reality well let's just say I always wanted to be a lawyer.

On our way to home room we ran into Edward and Jasper again so all four of us are in the same home room. We goofed around for a little, got our names marked and then we separated and went to our classes. After first period I had social studies and Iz had Chem we both said see you later and headed to class.