The Curious Case of Ezra Jeremiah

We talked the whole way down to the park. It was about a half hour walk down the sidewalk under the vibrant trees, and we talked and laughed the entire time. I found out some stuff about Jay, not that he told me but in some of the stories he would tell he would talk about them on varies of occasions. Getting really drunk was one of them. He did that often this summer so it seemed. But also, Jay is a vivid musician. He learned to play the piano, guitar, and saxophone. He said his dad was in a traveling band and he taught him many of the songs that he knew, but now he only really plays his acoustic guitar that he bought himself. After that he stopped talking abruptly, and changed to subject to myself and my "eye for the arts". We talked about that but stopped once we saw the fair grounds.

I was so excited I practically ran over to the colorful tents and rides. The grass was so green and the music was so loud. There was a girl singing from a karaoke machine on a little makeshift stage and around her was people in lawn chairs. Everything about it was so lively. I ran over to one of the food vendors fist. I ordered two funnel cakes with powder sugar and a lemonade for me, Jay would sip from a glass bottle of coke.

"Don't eat too much. When you go on the rides you'll get a tummy ache." Jay informed and I laughed.

"Tummy ache? Lavender Drew does not get tummy aches." I laughed. He simply shrugged his shoulders.

"We'll see." He challenged, taking a swig of his coke. "What ride do you wanna hit first?"

"Ooh!" I pointed excitedly towards the Ferris wheel. "I love those." He smiled big and threw away our trash, putting my lemonade and his coke in my bag. He nodded to signal to go and I did. I was impatient in the line, I'm not a very patient person and it was getting on Jay's nerves. I kicked a crushed soda can that was littered on the grass to waste time while the line was getting shorter and shorter. Finally when it was our time, we hopped in the lime green cart. Jay reached across me and buckled our seat belt while I was resting the bag under our feet. I saw no need for it, but I didn't mind it. When the ride started it gave a jerk, instinctively he put his arm out so I wouldn't bang against the rail. I gave a nervous laugh and smiled at him.

"Thanks." I whispered. As it went up, I got more excited. I saw more games and rides, I couldn't help eagerly pointing at some of the rides. I pointed at so many and said, "Lets do that next!" that I forgot which one that I decided to do next. Occasionally I would look over to see him smiling at me, and even though I should feel slightly worried or concerned I felt everything but that. I felt so comfortable around him. I felt like I've known him for years within the matter of the three day's we've actually spoken and the month's we've acknowledged each other. There was something about him that told me to trust him.

From the top of the Ferris wheel you could see everything. The trees were exceptionally beautiful and you could see much clearly the pink and orange hues that were spreading throughout the clouds.

"It's beautiful huh?" I whisper like if I spoke too loud it would ruin the tranquility. I look over at him smiling and he's looking at me smiling softly.

"Yeah she is." I blushed looking down. "Why do you do that? Why do you look down?" He whispered, grabbing a loose strand of my hair slipping it behind my ear. "Darling, you do know you're beautiful right ?" I nodded blushing more. He smiled as the ride started to go down for us to exit the ride. "What do you want to do next?"

"The spinney one in the corner of the grounds, the Casino I think it's called?" I said slowly. He nodded unbuckling our seat belt grabbing my bag.

"Sounds like fun." He smiled. We exited our cart and caught up with his fast pace.

"I can carry my bag." I said, nearly out of breath.

"No you can't." He answered not even looking at me.