Control

Yaaassss that's right! Be My Princess hit over 110k reads!

___________________

By the time we arrived to his house it was well past midnight and Peach was asleep in my lap. My phone had died, so I couldn't text my parents even if I wanted too. The autumn breeze was chilly, being the perfect weather for the season. 

Jay was talking about his dad again, it was rare he talked bout him so I listened closely. His father taught him how to play many instruments, but he left a couple years ago and over the years Jay had nearly forgot how to play them all except a few chords on a guitar. We laughed and I asked if I somehow got a guitar if he would play them for me, and after much effort and arguing he finally agreed. Jay said his mother was beautiful, she had long curly hair and bright blue eyes. She would sing him to sleep, and was there for whenever he fell. Each day she drove him to school, back when he enjoyed school he added, and helped him with his homework everyday. She was his hero, and he was her's. Jay said just one day she wasn't there at his bus stop, he waited there for about an hour sitting on his little book bag until he figured well maybe she forgot and lost track of time although it was very unlike her. Jay didn't say what happened to her, just that she never was there to pick him up at the bus stop again. 

Loosing his mother made his father very upset. He drunk, brought a lot of other women into the house Jay didn't know. His father never hit him, but when he drunk he would yell and cry. Jay didn't do well in school without his mother's help, and his father wouldn't help him so he got behind in class. Jay didn't care for school, for his grades. As long as he passed onto the next grade, that was well enough for him. 

He said, after loosing his dad he nearly gave up on himself completely. He began hanging out with the wrong kids. Started smoking and got into a lot of trouble. That's where a lot of his issues grew from, and after leaving the group and becoming an outsider they never really stopped growing. 

Jay said he was really depressed, and that's when he met Ellie, his ex. He loved her a lot, and he thought things were going to be different and that things happened and she died. "She haunts me, won't let me forget." He said. 

It's crazy, that moment when everything clicks together. When you finally understand why a person is like how they are. 

Jay lost both of his parents, the people he looked up to most. He stopped caring about himself and other people, and had to feel like he had to be in control since most of his life he hasn't felt that way. After feeling under in everything, Jay has to feel dominant.

______________________________

I intended for this chapter to go differently, but as I wrote it I realized it may be a little bit needed. 

Who said "Aw poor Jay." at least once? 

Vote and comment ya thoughts!