Smoke and Honey

Jay stayed, after Noah's appearance he refused to leave. At least he said, for the rest of the day in case Noah shows back up. I knew Noah wouldn't not so soon, he was a coward and would stay in the dark until you least expect to be stabbed from behind. I don't think Noah would show, I think instead something kept Jay from leaving. I didn't want him to know about Noah, what he's done to me. I didn't want him to look at me some wounded animal.

"Lavender?" I looked up at his light green eyes. "I wanna take you somewhere."

"Where?" I whispered.

"I just got out of a relationship too. We broke up months ago, her name was Ellie. She left me," He looked down at his feet smiling softly. I wondered what he was thinking about. Mostly her, but was it a fond memory of her, or was he smiling out of sympathy for what happened? "I went to this place everyday after, it was peaceful. I've never taken anyone else there..." His voice started to crack and I didn't want him to ponder on the past for too long.

I smiled, grabbing his hand that hung loosely by his side holding it. "I would love to go."

x

It was beautiful. I knew it would be, but this was breathtaking. It took a while to get here, if the back of the park itself there was a metal slide extending from the hillside. After climbing over some fallen logs and through brush and thorns there it was. A small clearing, there was glass bottles and a small a fire pit that didn't looked used in months.

"So this is Ezra's secret garden?" I joked and he laughed.

"Want to start a fire?" I looked over at the fire pit them the trees close to it.

"Is that even legal? I mean so close to the trees? It could start a fire." He smirks and laughs shaking his head.

"Easy Smokey the bear, the flames won't get tall enough to cause any damage. We're on trespassed land anyways, loosen up princess." I smiled blushing softly. He pulls out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket. "I'll be right back."

"You know those will kill you?" I yell as he disappears though the trees to smoke. I spread the blanket I brought with me and laid on it. I checked my phone, but I only had one bar left and it came in and out. "Signal sucks." I mutter to myself scrolling through my phone. There was a small circle on my phone app, signaling there was a missed call or voicemail. I was going to check it when Jay came back through the clearing exhaling a puff of smoke. He smiled sheepishly, throwing the bud in the unlit fire pit.

"What were you doin'?"

"Checking to see if I got any notifications." I smiled weakly showing him my iPhone that I in fact got no new notifications. He smiled shaking his head, throwing some sticks and dead leaves in the pit.  "hey, you're not going to kill me right?" I joked. He pulled out his lighter, starting the fire then with another stick poked some dead leaves in front of it to make it spread to the sticks.

"Hm, would be a good place too. But no Lavender, I'm not going to kill you. I'm actually quite fond of you." He sat beside me on the blanket.

"Well, I appreciate  that." The fired grew in size in just a matter of minutes.

"Darling?"

"Yes? Oh, can you hand me the marshmallows? They're in my bag." He looked flustered, really nervous. He grabbed the bag of marshmallows and handed it to me. I thanked him and put two more on my roasting stick holding them above the growing flames.

"Will you be mine?" I laughed not hearing him entirely, retrieving the charred marshmallow out of the flames, eating it and put on two more. I washed at still embers flew up from the fire to the sky like red stars. The fire blended perfectly with the autumn leaves and night sky.

"I'm sorry I thought you said something, what do you say?" I rotated the marshmallows so it would have an even tan.

"Lavender, be mine." I looked at him wide eyed. Surely he wasn't serious? "I'll protect you, I won't hurt you. I'll treat you like the princess you are," He shuffled his feet looking at me nervously. I dropped the stick on the fire, I just looked at him blankly. "Be my princess?"

"You want to date me?" I asked, just to make it more clear as if what he said wasn't clear enough. "Seriously?"

He scratched his head, looking at the marshmallow burning to mush in the flames. "Well I-,"

"Yes."

"Yes?" He questioned as if he now didn't believe it.

"Yes." I answered, staring at him still in shock. His lips curled into a large smile and lifted me up holding me then started to spin in circles. I laughed, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck holding him closer to me.

He looked at me smiling, I've never seen him smile like this. It just felt real, I couldn't help but return a smile and smash my lips against his. This kiss felt different, it wasn't sweet and quick like the other two, it was more rough, more tasteful. We broke the kiss, but I didn't want too. I sucked on my lip, and he looked down at my lips before smashing our lips together again. 

His lips tasted like smoke and his tongue tasted like honey. 

______________________

Whoaaaa ~

🌸  Leave feedback and vote if you want more  🌸