Peach Kisses

I did as he said, I fixed my hair in a bun and did simple makeup. I dressed in pair of skinny jeans, all black vans, a tank top under Jay's hoodie.

I followed him out the door as he took me to the passenger side of his candy apple red car.

We drove us onto the interstate, taking us a city over. The city was more busy than the town we lived in, housing more than a couple thousand people. He took us to a outlet mall, and immediately I get excited. What girl doesn't like shopping?

However I could lift the question, why did he drive us to this mall? There were malls back closer to home, also how did he know how to get here? Had he been here before?

"Okay princess, I need to make a quick stop. Do you want to stay in the car and listen to music or do you want to come with me?" Jay spoke, turning the car engine off.

I smiled, unbuckling my seat belt. "I'll come with you."

"Okay sweetheart."

I got out of the car and Jay met me around on my side and held my hand as he guided me through the stores.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise,"

"Pleeeeasseee..?" I begged pulling on his arm.

"Princess begging is not polite. But if you wanna ruin the surprise, we're going to build-a-bear."

"We are?" I yelled in excited me gaining some very curious looks from the other shoppers. He only smiled. "Yes princess." He answered.

"Sweetheart," he stopped. "I need to run and get something, I need you go stay here and wait for me like a good girl, okay?"

"Okay?" He was already gone by the time I answered, leaving me by myself on a bench. I sighed, pulling out my phone. To my surprise, I had gotten a text.

Levi: Hey Art Girl, don't have any time for me anymore?

Me: Did I ever have time for you?

Levi: Once upon a time you did

Levi: Before you met Mister Bad Boy

Me: You mean Ezra?

Levi: Mmmhm that's the guy

Me: He's not that bad Levi

Levi: Black eye pegs to differ

Me: So he kinda has a bad temper, so what?

Levi: KINDA? THE GUY IS FUCKING NUTS!

"Let's go." Jay growled grabbing my wrist lifting me off of the bench pulling me back towards the parking lot.

"Jay let go, you're hurting my wrist," I whined and he let go instantly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

"I'm okay." I say solemnly. I had just noticed the bag Jay was carrying beside him. "What's that?"

"It's nothing." He said lowly. I couldn't read the label on the bag from where I was walking, and because he was walking so fast. It was just hard to focus on it.

He opened the car door for me, soon as I stepped in he slammed the car door. He sat in the driver's seat slamming his door too. He laid the bag down on the console. I watched it carefully, it was a fairly large bag. What was in it? Jay also seemed to be carrying it strangely, as if something inside of it was fragile or antique. Perhaps something made of glass?

As he put the car into drive, I could have sworn I saw the bag move. I squinted my eyes watching it. Had it really moved? Maybe it was just how the car moved it when it turned on? Still, there was something about this large bag that made me more curious than I should have been. This had to be what Jay left to go get.

"What is it...?" I said quietly. His knuckles were white he was holding onto the steering wheel so tightly.

"He fucking sold it."

"Who? Sold what?"

"Open the bag Lavender." I nervously looked over at the bag, it moved again. God what was in there? I pulled the bag onto my lap, noticing it wasn't very light, and opened it slowly. Under the soft blanket it moved again, I slowly reached for the blanket and peeked under it. . .

There was a soft whine, it was so small and weak. A little ball of black fur popped out from the blanket and began to lick my hand.

"It's a puppy!" I smiled, holding it close to my chest. It licked my hand, yapping softly. It was so small, like a runt.

"I preordered a girl from a litter, she had bright blue eyes and white fur. I even bought a little bag so I could surprise you with it, and a the blanket to keep it warm. The color matched the girl's eyes." I ran my hand over the soft baby blue blanket. "I go to the guy, he already fucking sold it. "I'm so sorry, my mistake, here, take this one." He said. I don't fucking want the runt!" Jay yelled angrily, slamming his hand against the wheel.

"What are you talking about? Jay he's perfect!" I held the puppy closer, it was quivering with fear, poor thing. He's probably not used to loud noises or human contact. I took the soft blanket and wrapped it around the puppy to comfort it. I looked at the bag, it had FAIR MARKET printed on the front. The receipt in the bag was solely printed "Peaches".

"I'm gonna name him Peach." I smiled up at Jay. Ezra's face softened.

"You really like him? I tried to get a prettier one for you,"

I hugged my puppy. "He's perfect."

________________

(That's Peach 💛🍑)

(That's Peach 💛🍑)

I know I haven't updated in like, forever. I'm sorry! I'm currently at Myrtle Beach, SC (USA).
Got any readers from or near here?

ANYWAYS

How do you feel about this chapter?

⭐️ Vote and Comment! ⭐️