Just a Dream

Jay.

Jay.

Jay.

His name echoed in my dreams.

I was in my room wearing nothing but a large thin tee shirt. I looked around, confused of my surroundings. It was my room but some things were different. All the framed pictures in my room was face down, my mirror had a sheet draped over it, my teddy bear missing from it's spot. I didn't like this, it just didn't feel right.

"Darling? Why are you up?" A soothing voice calls behind me. Cold hands wrap around my waist. "Come back to bed with me."

I turn to Jay wearing nothing but a pair of shorts. The moonlight shining through the window highlighted his eyes and muscles in a ungodly fashion. I felt like I sinned just by looking at him.

"Lavender you're so beautiful." He whispered, pulling me closer to him. I didn't push away but I was weary. Something wasn't right about him. Either his voice or the look in his eyes, the posture in which he was standing didn't seem right. It didn't seem like him. 

His hands sliding down my body to my naked hips. He breathed against my neck making his hands down lower to my thigh, right under the seam of my shirt.

"Jay stop," I whispered trying to push his hand away. He didn't stop and instead went closer inward. "Jay," I reinforced, "Stop."

Only he didn't. He growled putting his hand where it wasn't wanted and his other around my neck holding me tightly. "I'll take what's mine, and darling you're all mine."

"Jay please, let go." I whined, trying harder to pull away but he was just to strong. Every move I tried to make further away from him only made him pull me closer.

"Did you not hear me?" He yelled at me making me flinch. "You're mine! I will take what's mine, when I want it." He growled loudly choking me. I couldn't breathe he was holding so tight. I was becoming weaker by the second.

"Isn't this what you want?"

I jumped up with a cold sweat to my phone blaring a beeping tone. I grabbed my phone which was ringing loudly from the call. I hit decline without looking who it was who was calling. The time on my phone said 2:49 A.M. I sighed softly breathing heavy, pulling my tee shirt to wipe the sweat that had built on my forehead.

I slowly sat up walking over to the bathroom. I leaned against the counter turning on the cold water to flush my face. What the fuck kind of dream was that?

I groaned when my phone rung again. Turning off the water, I yell a groggy "Wait!" like whoever was calling me at near 3 AM could hear me. I answered this time without checking the caller ID.

"What the fuck do you want?" I yelled at the caller. "What the fuck is so important at 3 AM that you have to fucking call me?"

"Uh," A voice starts. "Is this Lavender...?"

"Congrats you know my name. What do you want?" I spat groggy rubbing my eyes with a balled up fist.

"It's Jay...? You never answered my text... I had a bad dream and I just wanted to check on you." Fuck.

"Jay?" I repeat, my voice a lot more quiet. "Holy shit I'm sorry." I groan instantly feeling like shit. "Yeah I'm okay," I mutter.

"I woke you up?" I get more comfortable on my bed, burying myself between my blanket and pillows, holding my teddy bear close.

"Lavender?" He tries again but I didn't hear. I was already fast asleep.

"Lavender?" A voice calls to me. I'm in a pitch black room, it was so dark I couldn't even see my hands in front of my face. "Darling where are you?"

"I - I don't know I can't see anything." I called back to Jay. I never liked pure darkness, I feel too claustrophobic and scared. I didn't like that I was so blind, that anything could come out of nowhere and do who knows what. I didn't like feeling that helpless. "Jay?" I called, hoping for a indication that I wasn't alone. Only following my voice there was echoing of my own, bouncing off empty walls.

"Jay?" I tried again. "Jay!" I scream, running blindly deeper in the darkness. I was beginning to panic, my heart race. I screamed when someone grabbed my forearm tightly pulling me. Another hand covered my mouth and bent my head backwards.

"Shhh..." He hushed. "Don't worry darling I'm here."  His hand wrapped around my jaw, covering both my mouth and nose and in one swift motion jerking my neck to my side breaking it. I fell to the ground instantly.

"I'll always be here."

"Lavender wake up."

"Lavender!"

I jumped inhaling the air I felt my lungs desperately need, tears streaming down my cheeks. Two strong arms wrapped around me. I screamed flinging my arms, scooting away from the man sitting on my bed.

"Lavender stop it! Lavender baby please!" Jay yelled, trying to grab my hand.

"Don't touch me! Stay away!" I wept hyperventilating.

"It was a dream baby it was just a dream calm down!" He pled, now standing his hands in front of him to show that he meant no harm. "I'm right here, you're safe. I won't hurt you, Lavender I would never hurt you!" He promised.

I looked around realizing I was no longer trapped in that nightmare. I looked up at the man standing at a safe distance away. "Jay..?" I wept.

He nodded, "It's me. I won't hurt you," his eyes said it all. He looked at me like a wounded animal trapped in a corner lashing out at the person who was only trying to bind it's wound.

I covered my mouth falling apart. Being careful, he wrapped his arms around me holding me tight. "I'm right here, I'll never leave you."

____________

Just to clarify, the long paragraphs in italics is a / the dream. (:
Weird right? I already know.

They say your dreams are a window to either your greatest wishes, or your darkest fears.
What are yours?
What do you think her's are?

As always, with lots of love I thank you

💕 Vote and Comment 💕