Shopping

*Jay's PoV*

I held her tightly all night. Really late in the AM she started to roll around but I just kissed her head and told her I was here till she stopped.

Another perk of insomnia, I get to watch this beautiful girl sleep. Hours and hours dedicated to watching her chest inhale and exhale, a little content sigh leaving her lip every once in a while. How messy her hair got, and sometimes even her nose scrunched up like a little pig, it was adorable.

Around nine AM I got up and made her some breakfast, not knowing what she likes I just make pancakes and crossed my fingers hoping she'll like it. I found some cookie cut outs and had to stop myself from making cute cute-outs of little animals for her.

Even if she was a little, she didn't know what she was yet. I wanted to baby her so much, but I didn't want to freak her out dumping all of this at once. How else would I ask her though? I figured, maybe I shouldn't ask her. Maybe I could just slide her into it, of course making sure first she was comfortable with each one.

Step one? Cut-outs of animal pancakes.

I was laying fruit down on the pancakes about an hour later when a sleepy Lavender came from downstairs. Her sweater hug loosely, drooping off one of her shoulders and her shorts just high enough to see the button seam from under the sweater. She was rubbing her eyes, hair all over the place. Her nose went to the air sniffing, then opened her beautiful eyes widely upon seeing me.

*Lavender's PoV*

Let me tell you, one thing better than waking up to some good ass smelling food, is Ezra standing shirtless over a stove cooking. I was tempted to just say, 'Thank you for the food, can I have a side order of you?' But I was too surprised to say anything.

"Yummm..." I whispered, staring to long at him instead of the food.

"I hope you like pancakes?" He smiles.

"I love pancakes!" I giggle running over to the table sitting down on a chair. He laughed, bringing over a plate of animal shaped pancakes. Some of the animals were decorated with pieces of fruit. "This is adorable! Only, I think I'll feel bad for eating the elephant. They're endangered ya know?"

He came over and sprinkled some powder sugar and maple syrup on it and I ate those pancakes, endangered or not.

"Darling," Jay starts sitting down. "I want to take you somewhere today. Do you feel like going out? Shopping maybe?"

I smile, resting my fork on the empty plate. "I can't say no to shopping."

"Alright then, darling get ready." He smiled, kissing my head.

After putting my plate away, I run and got dressed. I decided to wear a white knit sweater, a red lace skirt, and my knee high white socks with the red stripes. I put two dutch plaits in my hair, grabbed my bag and ran downstairs where Ezra was waiting, sadly fully clothed.

"You look gorgeous babygirl." He smiled big and I blushed.

"What store?" I asked quickly trying to change the subject.

"There's a cute one at the mall, I think you'll like it a lot." I nodded, putting on my shoes.

*

The car ride to the mall was long, I didn't know how many miles but about five or six songs came on the radio from and to. This was a different mall I was used to going too.

When we parked, he jumped out first and opened my door for me, holding out his hand.

"My my my," I teased taking his hand to get out of the car. "What a gentleman."

He leaned in and smiled in a whisper, "If only you knew."

I blushed again.

He held my hand, leading me past stores to the back of the mall. He brought me to one, and stopped in the entrance smiling down at me. "This is it."

There were rows and rows of stuffed animals, some really large and other really tiny.

"Go pick out three stuffies." Jay instructed smiling. "The price doesn't matter. If you find any outfits too grab them. Anything between that come and ask me okay darling?"

I nodded smiling, looking around excitedly at all the stuffies and toys. I couldn't contain my excitement and ran down the aisles.

_________________

Rant 🌚

To be honest, I don't think I've thanked you all enough.
I hit 10k reads! Wow!
When I started this story I didn't think I would get this much love for it. I'm so very thankful of you reading this.

🌸
I know I've waited long enough to bring in the ddlg and everything, I wanted them to build a relationship first. There is so many books where they just meet and jump right into it and it doesn't seem realistic to me.

But the ddlg is here, and everything is going uphill

Don't they sat what goes up must come down?

Strange.
🌸

🌷How did you discover ddlg?
I found out about it on Instagram 🌷

⭐️Vote ⭐️
☁️Comment your thoughts☁️