The Art of Being Sneaky

My mom was pounding on my door yelling something, I wasn't awake enough to really hear her clearly. 

"I'll be out in a minute," I groan sleepy, rolling off my bed and dragging myself to the bathroom. Eyes still closed, I turned on the hot water and splashed some onto my face. I opened my eyes, the mirror was foggy from the steam. I yawned, wiping the mirror with my hand. I yelped when I noticed Jay leaning against the wall smiling at me.

"Good Morning sleeping beauty." He whispered hugging me from behind.

I smiled turning the water on higher so hopefully my mom wouldn't hear. "What are you doing here still?" I questioned turning around to face him.

"You want me to go? I'll go, right out the way I came." I shook my head. "Or maybe go downstairs, say hello to your mom and dad." He joked and I hit his chest playfully.

"You wouldn't!"

"Oh but darling I would." He insisted and I scoffed. He smiled and planted his lips carefully on mine. We kissed for several minutes until my mom banged on the door.

"Lavender unlock your door! We need to talk," My mom yelled through my bedroom door.

"One second!" I yelled at her then smiled at Jay. "You need to hide." I whispered and he nodded. I tried to give him some time to hide before I opened the door, but I had to hurry before my mom became more suspicious.

"Lavender," She yelled as I opened the door then paused looking at me. "Your hair, do something with it. Anyways, your father thinks I should apologize."

"Dad always was smarter." I smile, trying not to let my attitude slip.

"Smarter than whom?" She crooked her head. Something behind me fell, making a noise that was loud enough to grab my mother's attention. "Who's in there?"

"No one." I said quickly, too quickly. She pushed past me searching my room. She looked under my bed first, then in my closet. She was almost spinning in circles looking for the source of the sound. "Mom no ones here." I tried to reason so she would stop looking before she found him. She only scoffed, then looked over at me curiously.

"I swore I heard something." She muttered under her breath.

"It's nothing." I insisted. I looked past her to my bathroom, the door was cracked. I bet he's in my shower.

My mother must've seen me staring at the door because she practically ran over to the bathroom and slammed open the door. I followed her, the shower curtain was closed. "Lavender Drew who is-" she drew the curtain back to see no one there. It was empty, except the fallen shampoo bottle laying spilling out at the bottom of the tub. Where was he?

"I'm sorry." She says plainly with a straight face. She wasn't sorry for any of it, never was. "I'll be downstairs. We're staying for another day then we're off to help homeless kids in Haiti." She smiled then left my room, shutting the door behind her.

I waited until I heard her go down the stairs.

"Jay?" I whispered. "Jay where are you?" A gust of wind blew the curtain freely that was on my window and I smiled. I ran over and peered out to see him just hanging by my window seal.

"Ya know," Jay laughed nervously looking down. "Just hanging around."

"Jesus, Ezra get up here before you fall!" I laugh as he lifts himself back through my window. "Sneaky ass." I smile as he kisses me.

"How about I train you first hand in the art of being sneaky? Lesson's start tonight. I'll be here to get you around six. You up for that darling?" He grinned.

"Absolutely."

______________________

I love ya'll 😘💐
⭐️Comment and vote! ⭐️