1: Rumour.

"Life is full of surprises.

Just be ready to grab it."

***

Amelia Greene's Pov

I woke up smiling brightly because of two reasons, first I'm finally a senior now (yay) and second I can't wait to go to school.

What? Don't judge me, I love school.

While I was busy smiling like a loon staring at my ceiling which is filled with superheroes poster my baby comes barking and lands on top of me.

Omph....

I started giggling when he started licking all over my face. I scratched behind his ears and he whined softly landing beside. He looked at me with his big puppy dog eyes with his tongue hanging. I chuckled at his behaviour.

Hulk is my dog, my baby. I love him. He was given to me as a gift by my grandfather on my twelfth birthday. And he's best present ever. He's a German shepherd and was huge but still he'll always be a baby for me.

"Okay, boy now go. I have to change." I shooed him out of my room to which he barked and trudged out of my room.

He's obedient.

I went to the bathroom that's in my room to showered and do my morning routine then started getting ready for school. I wore a simple floral sleeveless top and paired it with white skinny jeans then stepped on my orange ballet flats.

I grabbed my backpack and headed towards the kitchen. I know my mom would be there already and as said she was sitting on a stool behind our kitchen island with a cup of coffee on one hand and a newspaper on the other.

I smiled brightly and hurriedly went towards her.

"Good Morning, Momma-Bear." I pecked her cheek and grin widely.

She seemed startled at my sudden entrance because her eyes went wide and she gasped loudly.

I guess I scared her.

But she brushed it off and gave me a warm smile in return and greeted me back with a peck on my cheek, "Good morning to you too, Choco pie."

I love my mom to death. After dad left us she has been both my father and mother. She never made me feel like I don't have a father. She's the best mom ever.

She's a petite woman on her mid 40's with blond hair, bluish eyes, standing at a height of 5'4 and she is still beautiful for her age.

I took a seat beside her. She placed my breakfast infront of me and I started digging in. I moaned at the taste of pancakes. I love pancakes and started devouring it like I was being starved for months.

"Careful there, I'm glad you're enjoying it." My mom said laughing when she saw how i was eating it.

"You make the best pancakes, have i ever told you?" I exclaimed happily. I could have pancakes everyday and not be tired, except the syrup should be different all the time.

She made a thinking face and said, " Hmm... I think you mention that a few million times." She said emphasising the word million.

I grinned widely and started eating again.

Ever since dad left us, mom started working again. She's a manager of some department in a multi-national company (I never asked her). And her salary is more than enough for both of us. I glanced at the clock behind my mom and it showed 8:30 am.

Hmph...

Hannah will be here any minute now. Hannah is my best friend. We met during grade school when I saved her from being bullied and since that day we were inseparable until we had shift.