11: Dinner with the King's.

Awesome lines said by Caleb to Red -Chasing Red (one of my favourite wattpad novel)

Don't forget to fan, vote & comment :)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Amelia Greene's Pov

I entered the sitting room and sat beside my mom. She was busy discussing something with Rachel and Troy. Jayden was sitting on Zander's lap. Zander whispered something to Jayden's ear to which Jayden nodded and whispered something back.

I kept staring at them, they seem to have a nice bond and I can clearly see that Jayden look up to Zander by the way his eyes glint with respect whenever he was talking to him. They were so alike and I really wonder how his mother/ father look like.

Zander shifted his gaze to me and smirked when he caught me staring again. I cleared my throat awkwardly and gave him an awkward smile.

"Amelia, you go to River Valley High school, right?" Troy asked suddenly. I snapped my head towards his direction and nodded. "Yes." I smiled.

"Then I guess you know Zander. He too goes there?" Troy asked.

"Yes, we know each other." I replied.

"I hope he behaves in school and not make a chaos." He stated and Zander glared at him but Troy seem unaffected by it.

"Yeah, he behave." I assured him.

"Uncle Zan I'm bored." Jayden whined and tucked at Zander's shirt.

"If you don't mind me asking who are his parents?" I asked politely and also with a hint of curiosity.

"We forgot to mention that he is our daughter's son, her name is Clair. She is out of town and so she left Jayden under our care." Rachel explained pointing at Jayden and my mouth formed an 'o' in understanding.

Jayden tucked on Zander's shirt again to gain his attention and he succeeded. "Yes Jay." Zander said softly unlike his usual cold and hard tone.

"Grandpa and Grandma didn't bought me that set I want. Would you get me that set?" Jayden asked in his cute baby voice with a cute little pout. Zander looked hesitant and ran his hand through his hair.

"Um.. About that... Uh..yeah that set..." He seemed to struggle with words as he continuously ran his hand through his silky locks.

"What set are you talking about?" I asked curiously. Jayden looked at me and seem to contemplate whether to tell me or not but he said nothing and turned his attention back to Zander.

Wow, he was rude.

"Jay that was rude. When someone is talking to you, you should answer them." Zander said sternly. Jayden looked at him with his big brown eyes which now held sadness in them.

"No it's oka-" I started to say but Zander cut me off. "No Lia, Don't. Come on now Jay say sorry." Zander looked angry.

"But she's a girl she won't know even if I tell her." Jayden said meekly to justify himself. He had his head down and to avoid Zander's gaze.

"Jay." Zander said in a low voice that says do as i say or else. Jayden looked like he was about to cry any minute and he looked sad but Zander still had his hard face on waiting for him to say sorry. I felt bad for Jayden. He seemed like he'd burst out in tears any minute.

"I'm sorry." He sniffed. My heart broke at the sight and I was about to console him but Zander started to speak. "And also tell her about the set." Zander now said softly he too seemed sad for scolding him.