Prologue*

from @noelleleveritt: * means edited. Enjoy the story!

Two years ago

I was nineteen years old when I became an orphan. My mother had died when giving birth to me, and my father had recently passed away. Walking through the woods a few months after my father passed, I realized - I was alone. So caught up in my thoughts, I did not even realize when the most delicious scent caught my attention. My body began to follow it, but my mind had no idea where I was going - until I bumped into a wolf. I looked upward to be met with the most brilliant shade of copper fur, meeting his bright azure blue eyes. As I gazed at this beautiful wolf, my wolf echoed the word that my mind was already shouting.

Mate.

Looking into the wolf's eyes, I saw that he had heard it too."I'm sorry, what exactly was that?" I asked him. He looked at me for a solid minute, before turning around and walking behind a tree. Hearing the distinct sound of crackling, I too walked behind the nearest tree and shifted, pulling my sundress over my body.

"That, my dear wolf, was the mate call. God was telling us that we are meant to be." he said, smiling. His voice alone could make me melt.
"Oh." I tried to say more, but couldn't. At least not when my mate's body is on show for me.

I showed him the way to my house, and gave him some spare clothes. After he put them on, we formally introduced ourselves.

"My name's Sophie." I blushed, holding out my hand. He took it, shaking it.

"I'm Jace."

*

Four months later, we married - a wedding of all weddings. Soon after we had our first child, a baby girl. We named her Destini, meaning certain fortune, and fate. Love is a promise, not to be broken.

*

edited by @noelleleveritt

If you need your story edited, shoot me a message! I'm happy to help!! (I love ya des)