Chapter 13

Sophie and her father spend the next week and a half to catch up.
"Why did you fake your death,Daddy?"
"princess I had to. Otherwise you would have gotten hurt. And I wouldn't have been able to take that so I faked my death."
"how did you do it? I saw you in the casket dead."
"I know princess. I took a pill that made me look dead and feel dead but wasn't dead. You have to know that it literally killed me to leave you alone."
"Is mom really dead or was that a lie too?"
"no, she is still alive. But she left once you were born. She didn't want you princess."
"How can a mother not want her child?"
"I don't know sweetheart."
"Okay, so I'm not an orphan. Both of my parents are alive but only one wanted to visit. Daddy, My whole life I thought she was dead. Why didn't you tell me? I'm 21 Daddy I deserve to know why you never told me."
"I couldn't bare the weight of you being sad that your mother didn't want you so she left. I thought I was doing the right thing. But I now see that was wrong. If it will make you happy, I will search for her so you can meet your mother. It is the least I can do."
"Yes that would make me really happy."
"Okay princess. I will search for her but just remember that it is going to be hard. It was hard for me to look at you when you were a baby because you look so much like her. With your blonde hair and blue green eyes. Right down to the shape of your face. You even have her full, bright red lips like her."
"Really Daddy? I always thought that I looked like you."
"I can see a little bit of me in you but I see more of your mother than I do me. You have my long, skinny hands, and my long legs but that is all you have from me princess."
"Oh Daddy! How could you stand to look at me knowing that I look like her. Daddy?"
"Yes princess?"
"What is her name?"
"Her name is...."