Chapter 3

Sophie's POV
I hear the basement door open and look behind me to see Jace standing there, looking lost.
"Honey, what's going on? Is the pack safe?" I ask him
"The pack is safe. But your old pack is not. I'm sorry babygirl."
I feel the tears coming but refuse to let them fall. "It was not your fault. They should have known not to attack us. Its their own fault." I say after I get myself together.
"Is there something else?"
"Nope."
"Okay. Let's go to our suite."
We walk up the stairs out of the basement and into the elevator. We rode it all the way up to the top floor, which is the 10th floor. Once we got off the elevator, the kids ran into the house. I laughed at their enthusiasm at being back at home. I looked over to Jace and saw that he was in his own little world.
"Baby, Whats wrong?" I ask him
"Hmm? Oh, nothing sweetheart."
"Okay." I say hesitantly
We walk to our bedroom and I get my pj's and wall to the bathroom to take a shower when Jace stops me at the door.
"What is it?" I ask him
"Nothing. Your just so beautiful." he tells me before he leans in for a kiss, but I stop him.
"You stink." I tell him with my nose scrunched up
"Haha. That has never stopped you before." He says, teasingly
"So?" I ask
"Just come here and kiss me, Sophie." he says
"Fine." I relent and walk to him and give him a kiss...on the cheek.
"HEY! Don't tease me like that! Give me a real kiss then you can take a shower." he says, or more like demands
I raise up on my toes and press my lips to his. "Better?" I ask, teasingly
"Mmm...Yes. Now go shower." he says.
As I walk towards the bathroom, Jace slaps my ass before I get into the bathroom. I quickly pivot towards him and shoot him a teasing glare,"What was that for?" I ask him but I don't give him time to answer.
When I come out of the bathroom, Jace is laying on the bed with his arm behind his head. But before I can tell him to go shower, we hear Max screaming.
We both run out of our room and into Max's room to find him thrashing about in his bed. I quickly walk to his bed and gently shake him awake. "Sweetheart, its just a dream." I coo to him. Max opens his eyes and sees me sitting there and jumps into my arms and clutches me. "Shhh." I tell him. I look up at Jace and silently send him a messagetelling him to go and get a wet towel. He does just that and comes back 2 minutes later with one. I take it from him and put it on Max's forehead. "He's burning up." I tell Jace.
"I will go and get the pack doctor."
"Okay."
20 minutes later, Jace comes back into Max's room with the pack doctor, Iram.
"What's going on, Luna?" Iram asks me
"Max is burning up. We heard him screaming and ran in here. He was having a nightmare. But then he jumped into my arms and I felt his fever." I tell him
"Okay. Let me see him real quick."
I give Max to Iram and he does what he does best.
"Luna, I don't think it was a nightmare..."
"What do you mean?"