Chapter 6

Its been three weeks since Sophie and Jace adopted Maxwell. They are finding it harder and harder to control Max's breakdowns. He has had eight breakdowns this week. Both Sophie and Jace are thinking that it is time to take Max to counseling.

Destini is now learning to move around. Sophie and Jace  get a girl from the pack to babysit Destini. The girl's name is Rose. Sophie did a background check before they allowed her to babysit their baby, while they take Max to the appointment. Rose came back clean. Except for being tardy to a class in elementary school once. But they didn't think that was a problem.

When they got to the appointment, Max had yet another breakdown. Jace and Sophie tried to calm him down but nothing worked. Finally, Sophie decided enough was enough. Sophie picked up Max and took him outside.

"Look, Max, We can not have all these breakdowns all the time. You need to get over it. I know it is hard, but Trust me it will get better." Sophie told Max.

"B-But I really miss them." he stutters

"I know, baby, but think of your sister. She can tell something is wrong and she will copy you."

"I don't want Destini to copy me."

"I know, so lets not have any more breakdowns, okay?"

"Okay, Mommy."

"Good. Now lets go back inside and sit down and be quiet till the doctor comes and gets us."

"Okay."

They go back inside and sit down for 10 minutes before the doctor calls them back.

"What is going on?" The doctor asks

"Max here, witnessed his parents murder and keeps having nightmares every night." Jace tells the doctor.

"Oh really?" to Max she says, "we will just have to get it under control now won't we, Dear?"

"Yes, Ma'am." He says.

"Good. Now tell me why you keep having these nightmares."

"I don't know why I keep having them."

"Okay, well do you know what they are about?"

"Yes, Ma'am. They are about my Mommy and Daddy being killed by a mean Wolf."

"A mean wolf?"

"Yes, A mean wolf. He didn't like my mommy and daddy."

"Now, how would you know that, Dear?"

"Because he told them."

Sophie and Jace quickly told him to not say that.

"But its true, Mommy and Daddy."

"No, he is a wolf he can't talk." they tell him

"Yes they can, He shifted before he killed them."

They laugh at this nervously.

"Max, You really have an imagination."

"Why are you guys laughing? You guys shift too. I have seen you."

"No, Max that is not true."

"Fine."

"So, where were we?" the doctor asked.