Chapter 19

New Hampshire- Jace's POV

I have been running for two days now, and still hasn't made it to Maine.

"I'm coming baby!" I mind-links my wife.

"JACE! HELP! ME!" She cries.

"I am almost there baby. I am in New Hampshire." I tell her

"Okay. Just hurry!"

"I am baby. I am. Just hold tight and be a good girl. I'm almost to you."

I can feel the tears threatening to fall. If I don't get to my wife soon, I will fall apart. I have never been this long without her and it is killing me.

Maine-Sophie's POV

It has been 4 days since I have seen my husband, and you can tell that it is starting to take the toll on me. I haven't eaten. I haven't drank. I am a mess. At least I now know that he is almost here.

"I'm coming baby!" I heard through the mind-link.

You have no idea how happy I was when I heard that. Then the guy who kidnapped me comes in right when I am about to respond.

"What are you doing, Sophie?" Garret asks.

"NOO! I'm not telling you. Leave me alone." I cry

"Now, Why would I go through the trouble to kidnap you then just leave you alone, Hmm?"

"I-I  d-don't k-know." I stutter, much to my dismay

"Aw, is little Luna scared? Haha! This just got interesting. Don't you think, Sweetheart?"

"N-No. I-I'm n-not s-scared o-of y-you."

"Haha! Yes you are. Otherwise you wouldn't be stuttering right now.

"I-I'm not stuttering!" "JACE! HELP! ME!"  I say through the mind-link.

"I'm almost there baby. I am in New Hampshire." He tells me

"Poor Little Luna, All alone with the big bad wolf. Haha." Garret says

"I am Not a "poor little Luna" as you say." I growl at him, all while mind-linking Jace, "Okay, just hurry."

"I am baby. I am. just hold tight and be a good girl."

"STOP MIND-LINKING YOUR EX-HUSBAND!" Garret yells, breaking me out of my haze.

"W-Why? W-What are you going to do about it? Beat me? I dare you to lay a hand on me."

"Oh I will do way more than beat you, Honey."

"Like what?"

"Like this." Garret walks toward me and yanks my shorts down then yanks his down.

"N-No! P-Please!" I cry

"Are you going to be a good girl? Or do I need to teach you a lesson?"

"I-I will b-be a g-good g-girl. J-Just p-please n-not t-that. N-Never that." I cry

"Okay. I will leave you alone. For Now. HAHAHA!" Garret leaves the cell.

"JACE! H-Hurry! I-I c-can n-not take this anymore. H-Help!" I scream through the mind-link

"Sweetheart, What's wrong? Why are you crying? What did that son-of-a-bitch do to you?" he says

"H-he t-threatened to r-rape m-me.JACE!"

"I am going to kill that son-of-a-bitch! I'm Almost there. I just made it into Maine. Hold on, baby!"

"O-Okay. J-just h-hurry!I Love you!"

"I love you too. I will be there in an hour."

"Okay."