Seven

Amor, the Spanish word for Cupid

Amor, the Spanish word for Cupid. The God of desire, erotic love, attraction and affection. All of those feelings I felt when I see him. No matter how hard I tired to deny the feelings, something just told me to accept it.

  It was weird at first but every day I fell in love with the idea of falling in love. It was unpredictable and crazy but I loved it. When he first arrived at school I didn't notice him, not more than a regular new student anyway, but soon it was different. When he accidentally spilled his juice on me that day I saw something in his eyes. His eyes weren't just light brown they had golden flecks in them and his arms were bulging with veins and his smile was his best.

  He gave me hope. He gave me purpose. It's because him I didn't take my life that day I had planned. The dark feelings I felt inside consumed me. They drove me insane. I was tired of fighting it, it was starting to take over me.

           That was until I seen Amor. He was the only thing keeping me alive. When I put that gun to my head an imagine of Amor flashed into my head just as I placed my hand on the trigger. His warming smile and addicting laughter refrain me from ending it all that night. He was a angel sent from Heaven in my eyes.

I've always questioned my sexuality growing up. I was always taught that homosexuality was wrong and a sin. My father, being the Barbarian man that he is absolutely despise the thought of same-sex relations. For him to enroll me in an all boys private school back in middle school was a dumb decision if you ask me. It was then I realized that I wasn't like the other boys. I always- and still till this day try to convince myself that I loved girls. I knew I wasn't attracted to boobs, vaginas and all that stuff that made girls, girls. No matter how many of them I slept with I just couldn't convince myself.

Well that was until Amor came along. Everything was all fine and dandy until he showed up. Now he has me questioning everything, and every time I see him I get this heavy feeling right by my heart. It's almost as if I was having heart burns. Obviously the heart beats faster. The mind goes blank. And all I do is just basically kind of glance at him. And I just later on keeps thinking of him almost nonstop at times. Even with the rude remarks he always makes at me I still can't fight the feelings I was feeling.

I'm pretty sure he hates me though.

" This is the house.", My Vietnamese sister said snapping me out my thoughts. I looked at her as she kept her eyes on her phone.

" You sure Lee ?", I questioned her as I pulled into the driveway of home.

It was Saturday. The day for the Get Together that I was supposedly bringing Amor along to. When my dad first told me I had to bring him along I was upset. I already didn't want to bring Aaliyah along now I had a extra body with Amor. I was trying to fight off my feelings for the boy, but it seemed the more I fought the closer he got, so eventually I just gave up.