Twenty-Three

The room was silent

  The room was silent. The only sound being made was the constant beep coming from Aaliyah's heart monitor. She laid on the hospital bed unconscious with ivs in her arms. It pains me to see Aaliyah like this-all knocked out in a hospital bed. The tears I've cried have dried up on my face leaving tear mark, and my throat was dry. The air in the room was so thick that I couldn't find myself to speak and neither could Dean.

  He hasn't spoken a word since we got here. He's been leaning against the dingy,white walls with his arms folded over his chest for the longest. His face was cold as he looked down at the tile flooring. I've never seen him with such a serious look before and to be honest it scared me slightly.

  When the doctor came in and told us that Aaliyah would be fine I felt weight lifted off my shoulder. He told us that Aaliyah just need some rest for now and that the baby is doing perfectly well-the baby Dean didn't know about.

       "How long?",Dean deep voice filled the room. I looked to him to see him still starring at the tile flooring.

    "How long what ?", I repeated confused.

      Dean tensed. His fist balled and he slammed into the wall sounding off with loud boom. I flinched at the sound.

     "Don't play with me Amor! How long have you known my sister was pregnant!",The bass of voice terrified me. He looked at me with rage filled eyes and I couldn't help but shutter.

         "I didn't know. I'm just now finding out like you."

   Dean kissed his teeth rolling his eyes,"Don't feed me that bullshit. I'm not dumb Amor. The reason you've been coming over the house more and the reason why you're always taking up for her all adds up.", He spat.

  I shook my head trying my best to convince the raging Dean that I didn't know.

"Dean I don't-"

   "Amor!"

   I flinched at his words, "Okay for about three weeks.", I finally confessed.

        "Three weeks.",Dean eyes narrowed his eyes as he pushed himself off the wall and came towards me."You knew my little sister was pregnant for three weeks and didn't even tell me?",I felt defenseless as Dean hovered over me.

     "She made me promise not to tell you because she knew you'd act like-act like this!",I managed to shout back.

           Dean let out a huff of air resting his hands on the top of his head. He turned his back towards me.